Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-03-2011, 09:37 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
K20D + Remote F Question

Disregard - found the setting I was looking for!

My plan was to set my K20D on a tripod aimed at our bird feeders, then be able to sit back a little from the camera to shoot with the remote.

All set up, and working fine, but....the remote receiver on the camera (blinking red light) is only active for ~30 seconds. After that, it seems the camera goes to "sleep" and I can't use the remote. I have to push the shutter button on the camera half way to wake it up again - then I am good again for only 30 seconds.

I've looked through the camera settings and manual - can't seem to find an entry where I can have the camera not go into sleep mode.

I very well might be overlooking this setting somewhere - can anyone help?

Edit to add: I've found the setting for "Guide Display Time" and "Meter Operating Time" both of which only give the option for 3 seconds, 10 or 30 seconds.

Edit again: I finally found the "Auto Power off" setting - all is good!

Last edited by stormtech; 05-03-2011 at 10:29 AM.