Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-04-2011, 05:34 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
Fluorescent AWB

Has anyone broken the code on the K7's Fluorescent AWB? There are four settings which I've used, but only because I can select one real time by looking at the display with the existing lighting corrected. I realize this isn't very scientific. Is there a method to these? Is there one type of Fluorescent light bulb more predominant than others which would mean the use of one of the four presets more often than the others? Are the long tubes the same color temp as the newer spiral bulbs?

I'm trying to get the right filters for shooting with daylight balanced film and was just curious as to the relationship to film photography.

Thanks,

Bill

05-06-2011, 12:43 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Yes, I have broken the code.

Well, actually, I just looked at page 191 of the manual.

D = Daylight Color, approx 6,500K
N = Daylight White, approx 5,000K
W = Cool White, approx 4,200K
L = Warm White, approx 3,000K

This won't help that much if you don't know the color temp of the light you're shooting in, but if you shoot raw it won't matter, you can choose the right white balance later.