Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-04-2011, 05:36 PM   #1
Forum Member

Excellent K-x book

Hello everyone!

First, I'm still fairly new to the forum. If this post is not allowed per rules, please forgive me and let me know.

Being completely new to photography, I was wishing for a book on my K-x that went into more detail than the owner's manual. My husband has a couple Magic Lantern Guides on different Pentax model cameras that he owns. I really like these guides, but none exist for the K-x. So, I did a Google search for any K-x books. I didn't find anything except for one e-book. I found it at Pentax e-books and it is excellent! It gives me everything that I need in order to learn and use all the great features of my K-x. I'm very happy to have found it. It is 225 pages and covers everything from the basics to accessories, processing and even photo techniques! The price is unbelievably reasonable, too.

If you are looking for other Pentax camera books, you will find them at the same website!

05-04-2011, 07:30 PM   #2

Hi Frostie,
I also just joined here and have and enjoy using a Kx. I dont normally ready the manual unless I cant find a feature I am looking for :-).
I will take a look at that link and see if it lessens the pain of the written word. :-)

I hope you get plenty of pleasure from your Kx as I think it's a great little camera with lots of nice features. Mine is the storm-trooper white model and I am surprised that the white doesn't seem to concern people too much. Although they still get intimidated when I add the Pentax 540 flash and a large lens to it though.

Oh well, happy shooting.

Regards,
Paul
05-04-2011, 11:04 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Well, this is almost funny.

Yvon Bourque is (I believe) a member of this forum and has been preparing these manual for Pentax DSLRs for a number of years. They are nice extensions of the Pentax manuals and are inexpensive. I have one for my K100ds, K10d, and k20d. He blogs here:

PENTAX DSLRs

I feel he's done our community a great service with these and always enjoy his blog. Check it out.
05-05-2011, 03:36 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
What does it have which manual doesn't?

05-05-2011, 06:33 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter

Honestly - its a waste of money. Just stay with the manual + read up on these forums and you will get all you need and more.
05-05-2011, 06:35 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter

It has insights in to a lot of the camera's functions and better explanations of usage. There is also some stuff on good photography. I've found his books to be the manual that should have came with the camera.
05-10-2011, 10:38 AM   #7
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by blackcloudbrew Quote
It has insights in to a lot of the camera's functions and better explanations of usage. There is also some stuff on good photography. I've found his books to be the manual that should have came with the camera.
DITTO! I couldn't have said it any better. All someone has to do is just look at one of his books to be sold.