Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-02-2007, 10:44 AM   #1
Pentaxian

12 days in Spain

I just returned from a nice vacation in the south of Spain with my new K100D (and significant other). We had a wonderful time. Just as an observation, it seems that digital SLR's are becoming very mainstream, but Pentax in not yet there. During the trip, I must have seen hundreds of other DSLR's, but only two were Pentax. Many C & N's of course, Sony, and even a few Konika-Minolta. I guess I am just a little smug knowing that I have one of the better camera's on the market and I know I paid a lot less than everyone else.

11-02-2007, 11:19 AM   #2
Not Registered

You have to consider several points.
1) Spanish market is dominated by mainstream stores. It is highly difficult to find Pentax even in big cities.
2) Spaniards are not used to buy via internet, and even less buy items from other countries
3) Spanish photojournals are slow as hell (If my memory doesnt fail me, the July's number of a photo-magazine had the review of the Olympus e-400)
4) Most of spaniards are not fluent in english so they dont join international forums nor read international reviews.
5) They are waiting for a Pentax mesiah to iluminate them.

Btw, where in Spain have you been?
11-07-2007, 01:55 PM   #3

Congrats, as I just returned from my 12 days in Spain - overdue honeymoon. While there, I saw maybe 2 others with Pentax SLRs. One was an American in the Prado in Madrid, the other was in Ronda, Andulucia. I bought the K100D specifically for the trip, and really enjoyed the capabilities. Good times!!