Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-03-2007, 05:27 AM   #1
Forum Member

Custom function advice please

Hi all

Could you please tell me what the function of the Meter operating time is? I understand its title, but i dont understand why its setting is available for manipulation and what effect changing its value might have. I am also unclear of the function supermpose AF area?

Its been a little over a week with my new SUPER friend and we are having a ball. What keeps suprising me is Pentax noise control, i mean my images are clean at 200 and 400. I have owned a couple of entry DSLRs and noise was always an issue at 200, it really is a breath of fresh air. Along with this is Pentax backwards compatability, the choice of lenses and prices has got me drooling

If one of you could point me to the idiots guide, and i mean the idiots guide to the pentax system i would be forever grateful. I find that i come accross a lens in one place and find it in another place with a different name adding to the confussion.

Ill start PPing this weekend and hope to post some examples from the Super very soon. Untill then, take care.

Peter

11-03-2007, 06:13 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I have always suspected that the meter operating time thing is just a battery saving option. Just set it on anything you like. If it proves to be annoying from the meter shutting off too soon, just bump it up.

Superimposing the AF area just gives you the choice to display or not display the AF points. I use manual lenses so I have it turned off.

Welcome to Pentax Forums; you have found the Idiots' Guide.
11-03-2007, 01:21 PM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thanks Mike

I will ignore the meter function as you suggest.

Peter