Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-09-2011, 11:39 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
That Sound You Hear Is Me Tap Dancing...

I'M GETTING A K-X!!!! YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!! (Sorry, I just had to get that out of my system. LOL) Seriously, I'm getting a gently used K-x in chic basic black. I am so freakin excited! I've got about 2 weeks maybe till it shows up I'm told. In the meantime I'm going to be shooting vintage style with film and trying to think of a cool K-name for said K-x!!! Any suggestions? What I should name my bad arsed little wonder camera?

05-09-2011, 01:20 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congrats. Getting a great camera.
05-09-2011, 01:28 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I know that feeling
05-09-2011, 04:43 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
I'm going to be shooting vintage style with film and trying to think of a cool K-name for said K-x!!! Any suggestions? What I should name my bad arsed little wonder camera?

K-iller

05-09-2011, 04:54 PM   #5
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
Any suggestions? What I should name my bad arsed little wonder camera?

Shakira.

05-09-2011, 06:41 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
If it is anything like my K-x then you will just love that thing.
05-09-2011, 07:34 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Coming from using my SPII, and an upscale Fuji P&S I thought my *ist was pretty bad arsed. I've read the K-x manual cover to cover a few times now and I have a good idea of what I'm in for. If my *ist was a really good old Chevy, the K-x is a Porsche by comparison. It's not quite the Jaguar of my dreams, that would be a K-5 but I'm going to be very happy to have it nonetheless.

I'm probably going to be doing my first professional photo shoot in mid July. It's just a portrait session, maternity thing, expectant Mom. As far as I am concerned the K-x is going to be my first work DSLR. Couple years down the road if I haven't killed it working hard I'll make it the backup body to a K-5 or two, or whatever is in it's place at that point.

I loved Izzy and I am going to miss that camera a lot, but I've been crazy for a K-x since the first time I laid my eyes on the manual for one. The K-r may be the better camera but I'm still not quite sure I like it's looks half as much as I do the K-x. There is just something about that sporty little camera that really talks to me...