Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-13-2011, 08:23 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Pentax makes a an excellent camera with the K-5 and it i more than capable of serving as a professional tool.

Faster & more accurate AF is obviously a desired feature. Not that the K-5 is slow, but faster & more accurate is always better and there is obvious room for Pentax to improve.

While I love the size of the K-7/K-5 I would be more than happy to deal with a larger body to get a bigger VF with a higher level of magnification and 2 SD card slots.

I'm not sure Pentax has the resources to invest in specialty bodies, and it is not just a matter of specialized bodies to attract professionals. I can rent just about any Canon lens I need for a project with little trouble. I can get my equipment serviced quickly.

05-14-2011, 04:51 AM - 1 Like   #17
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
I am looking around me at the walls where I display my large format panorama photos, taken with my K-7. And my reaction - Pentax does a pretty, darn good job.

I can think of a few improvements that I would like to see in my K-7 but the fact of the matter is that it is a fine tool for creative photography. I simply can't use my camera as an excuse for any shortcomings in my photography.

But what I really would like to see is Pentax do an improved version of the Fuji X100, a sort of affordable Leica with the Pentax name. (I can dream)

05-14-2011, 05:11 AM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by labnut Quote
I simply can't use my camera as an excuse for any shortcomings in my photography.
Rep points for that. Whether I'm shooting with my K100D, K-7, or a homemade pinhole camera, (just threw that last one in, I don't really have one ) the limiting factor in my photography has always been me.
05-14-2011, 10:13 AM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by labnut Quote

But what I really would like to see is Pentax do an improved version of the Fuji X100, a sort of affordable Leica with the Pentax name. (I can dream)
I would love to see Pentax develop a camera like the X100 with 5 WR Limited pancake lenses. Make it WR and I'll buy 2.

K-5 sensor in a X100 size/styled WR body with a 15mm f/4, 20mm f/2, 30mm f/2, 40mm f/2, and a 50mm f/2 macro.

I would also want to see an adapter with a screw-drive motor built into it that would allow for full AF with older Pentax lenses.

05-19-2011, 09:18 AM   #20
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote
I would love to see Pentax develop a camera like the X100 with 5 WR Limited pancake lenses. Make it WR and I'll buy 2.

K-5 sensor in a X100 size/styled WR body with a 15mm f/4, 20mm f/2, 30mm f/2, 40mm f/2, and a 50mm f/2 macro.

I would also want to see an adapter with a screw-drive motor built into it that would allow for full AF with older Pentax lenses.

Change Fuji X100 to Pentax LX and I would so quickly be jumping on that wagon