Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-13-2006, 07:56 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Luminoue landscape reviews K10D

I have always found this a very informative site. The review of the K10D is interesting. Pentax 10D – A Hands-On Report

If you haven't seen the link I thought you might find it interesting.
Regards,
ken

12-13-2006, 08:41 PM   #2
Forum Member

Thanks for posting the link.

Yes, I've learnt some neat PP tricks from Luminous Landscape site. Very informative...
12-13-2006, 09:16 PM   #3
Veteran Member

I find his site very informative, he has some neat ideas and perspectives, but his reviews are about on par with Ken Rockwell. For example he slammed the *ist D for using AA batteries and then praised the S2 for doing the same. Not to mention his Nikon D2X 'noise tests'

I was quite surprised to read his little addendum to the K10D review though. Very interesting.
12-14-2006, 03:28 AM   #4
Veteran Member

No matter what you think of him or his site, he does have a large following and is influential. Over all positive.

I find it interesting that he really praises the "new innovation" of Auto ISO - which Pentax has had for awhile, but says nothing about really new functionality of SV and TAV modes.

Then again, he does state it is not a full review, but just comments on the things he personally likes or dislikes about the camera.

12-14-2006, 04:12 AM   #5

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Here's another column luminous did a couple of years ago about the K-1000 and the DS (and of course the 'other' ones). This report sold me on the DS...

The Luminous Landscape

Last edited by wjwncpro; 12-14-2006 at 04:14 AM. Reason: 'cause I can...
12-14-2006, 06:18 AM   #6
Inactive Account

Since I'm just now getting back into "Serious" photography after many years absence I wasn't aware of the Luminous Landscape site. Thanks!

I was very impressed with his mini-review. An admitted Canon user I thought he was very honest . I never detected a note of bias anywhere in the piece. His line, "What follows here is rather an opinionated, some would say biased, hands-on report based on a week's worth of shooting and testing" made me susicious at first but I thought it was a fine opinion piece.

To say he's impressed with the camera is an understatement. Still, like in all "reviews" of this type, it remains merely another person's opinion.

Dan
12-14-2006, 12:47 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by roscot Quote
No matter what you think of him or his site, he does have a large following and is influential. Over all positive.

I find it interesting that he really praises the "new innovation" of Auto ISO - which Pentax has had for awhile, but says nothing about really new functionality of SV and TAV modes.

Then again, he does state it is not a full review, but just comments on the things he personally likes or dislikes about the camera.
To be honest, by the way the it read in the review, I honestly believe that he was indeed refering to the SV & TAV modes as being the "auto ISO" modes.
All and all, I really appreciated his impressions of the camera as being honest, real world impressions. I also appreciated his take on the significance of this camera on the marketplace and how he took a little swipe at the C-brand for basically sitting on their sensor and not being inventive or original.

Kudos to Luminous Landscape ...

12-14-2006, 03:25 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Nice review, and must say I agree with his impressions... ;-)