Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
05-24-2011, 05:27 PM   #46
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jsherman999 Quote

These are kinda rare also.

... But you do see a lot of Canon shooters, usually doing something like using on-board flash in noonday sun!

..... Sometimes they know what they're doing.

.... And a film shooter is cool no matter what.

... Struggling with big equipment is a normal site.

... But more and more these days, you just see...

Great photo essay

Looked like a 500C/M + meter finder + one of the newer T* 150s, maybe. Makes me all misty-eyed with nostalgia. The EL/M was a horse, but it was a great box on a tripod in the studio.

05-24-2011, 05:37 PM   #47
Veteran Member

In Montreal, the largest photo dealer have mention that Pentax now is the 3rd best selling brand beating Sony. They now offer regular promotion on Pentax products
05-24-2011, 05:52 PM   #48
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I was at a wedding recently where there were 1,2,3,4,5,6 Pentax cameras on the go, a K-5, a couple of K20Ds, a KX and a couple of Optios....
Does it count if it was my wedding?
05-24-2011, 05:53 PM   #49
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I am going to start stalking your posts on this forum. I love the little stories you put together. Its the 3rd time I've been wow'd in as many months.

These are kinda rare also.

... But you do see a lot of Canon shooters, usually doing something like using on-board flash in noonday sun!

..... Sometimes they know what they're doing.

.... And a film shooter is cool no matter what.

... Struggling with big equipment is a normal site.

... But more and more these days, you just see...

05-24-2011, 09:11 PM   #50
Banned

Photos: Albums
That is actually one of the best times to use the on-board flash. The light is harsh so you can use the flash to eliminate some of those hard shadows that people get on their faces at this time. So it really depends what the subject was - that information is not available from your shot.
05-24-2011, 09:40 PM   #51
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Laurentiu Cristofor Quote
That is actually one of the best times to use the on-board flash. The light is harsh so you can use the flash to eliminate some of those hard shadows that people get on their faces at this time. So it really depends what the subject was - that information is not available from your shot.
Particularly if you have to live in the limited dynamic range of a Canon camera... muahahaha!
05-25-2011, 03:24 AM   #52
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Laurentiu Cristofor Quote
+1

I remember one wedding in particular where that technique came in really handy.

05-26-2011, 03:35 PM   #53
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by robbiec Quote
I was at a wedding recently where there were 1,2,3,4,5,6 Pentax cameras on the go, a K-5, a couple of K20Ds, a KX and a couple of Optios....
Does it count if it was my wedding?
all your friends use Pentax