Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-16-2011, 07:50 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Oh the suspense!!!!!!

According to the latest tracking info this morning my K-x landed in town at the main post office at 5:30 AM! I figured it would be another week at least so I am beyond excited today! It's got to come here either today or maybe tomorrow.

Yay!!!!!!!!

I feel like an excited 6 year old waking up on my birthday. I'm just watching the clock and waiting till it's time for my party to start, lol.

05-16-2011, 08:09 AM   #2
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
I understand how you feel.
My K-x is to reach me next month though!
But just cant wait...
05-16-2011, 08:35 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
If it gets here today I'm heading right out the door to try it out. I'm actually supposed to be re-doing a menu today for a local eatery that I sometimes do graphics for on the barter system. (I get yummy gourmet hamburgers and hand cut FF. They get menus and such.) They asked me to add some new stuff and to remove a few things, swap out a graphic or two, but I'll definitely put that aside till tonight to go play with my K-x for a few hours. No way it gets here, I'm just going to sit and look at it all afternoon while I "try" to get work done. Menu isn't due till next week anyway...
05-16-2011, 11:39 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
It's HERE!!!!!!!!

My K-x just arrived about 30 mins ago. I'm going out to play with my pretty camera now. I just did a bit in the yard just to make sure it made the trip okay, but I want to go and really play with this beauty today for a long while.

So far, I'm definitely in love though. What a beautiful little gem of a camera the K-x is! I don't think I could be any happier if I had a K-5 in my hands, seriously. It's like holding my first Spottie was, a total pleasure. It fits my small hands like it was made for them.

05-16-2011, 12:02 PM   #5
Site Supporter

Magkelly
I am very happy for you. I know you will have a lot of fun with your K-x, and take some wonderful pics with it. The low light is incredible. You won't believe how good it is at high iso's. Would love to see what you can do with it. Post some shots, please

Dennis
05-16-2011, 01:29 PM   #6
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
My K-x just arrived about 30 mins ago. I'm going out to play with my pretty camera now. I just did a bit in the yard just to make sure it made the trip okay, but I want to go and really play with this beauty today for a long while.

So far, I'm definitely in love though. What a beautiful little gem of a camera the K-x is! I don't think I could be any happier if I had a K-5 in my hands, seriously. It's like holding my first Spottie was, a total pleasure. It fits my small hands like it was made for them.

Congratulations!
Don't forget to post some pics
05-16-2011, 01:34 PM   #7
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Dont forget that the best of any camera can be obtained by reading and understanding completely the manual. The Kx has so many resources and hidden treasures that if you do not read the WHOLE manual, you will not be able to enjoy it to its fullest.
05-16-2011, 07:21 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I've read that manual backwards and forwards waiting on getting one of these. I probably know about 90% of it by heart at this point, laugh. So far I've not taken a whole lot that's been special. Today was just about taking it out for a few hours and practicing with it, seeing what it can actually do versus what I think it can do from just reading the manual.

Today I took a lot of shots of lizards and a few of some common birds, buildings, the pets etc. Most of it I just deleted at the end of the day. I just wanted to practice my manual focusing with the new screen. It's a diagonal split screen like the one on some of the old Pentax SLR's.

I was pretty impressed all round with the K-x. Using it was a dream except for one thing. I am definitely going to have to start using my right eye more to shoot. I can use both but I'm mostly a L eye user. I sure don't have the largest nose in the world, far from it actually, and yet I was hitting that LV button quite frequently. If the K-x has one flaw IMHO it is the placement of that darned button! ;P