Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-19-2011, 01:23 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It would seem that 90% of DSLR's are no longer symmetrical as the OP has pointed out.
I just wish bag makers would now cotton on to this fact.... I got a brand new Lowepro Slingshot, because I love the one-strap design, however the camera flops all over the place because there is this big gap on the LHS of the camera.
I ended up going all Macgyver on it and making an extra partition out of cardboard and bubble wrap :/

05-29-2011, 07:24 AM   #17

The film canister is loaded on the left side so you need room for it to fit. In digital there is no such thing so the left side is smaller to save room.
05-29-2011, 08:07 AM   #18
Site Supporter

It's a Communist plot to try and convert all those lefties to righties so the Chinese economic takeover of the world won't be hindered by the left and right thing.

As said, no film canister, makes it more compact and majority of people are right-handed and lefties just need to cope or suffer.
05-29-2011, 08:21 AM   #19
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Bill_R Quote
It's a Communist plot to try and convert all those lefties to righties so the Chinese economic takeover of the world won't be hindered by the left and right thing.

As said, no film canister, makes it more compact and majority of people are right-handed and lefties just need to cope or suffer.
But they can still place a orange juice squeezer on the left, as it's the last thing of digital camera users request from the camera companies, I know of.