Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-05-2007, 05:33 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
K100 camera settings

What sharpness/saturation/contrast settings seem to be the best for most of you?
Thanks.

11-05-2007, 07:44 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I did some test shots covering that very issue a couple of weeks ago and decided just to leave them centered. I shoot in RAW, and I'd just as soon make any adjustments like that in processing and keep my original image as "real" as possible.
11-05-2007, 07:45 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by moho Quote
What sharpness/saturation/contrast settings seem to be the best for most of you?
Thanks.
I try to reproduce the same moments as I saw what I took a photo of.

About 99% of the time I shoot raw. The other 1% is when I forget to switch to raw, want to use auto bracketing, or need speed in between the shots.

I've found the colors to be more vibrant than I like them. I generally use -1 or -2 saturation. If I'm shooting people portraits, I use -2 sharpness. My mom always complains that she looks way too old in the pictures. Sharpness and 60 years old people don't mix well . +1 sharpness if I'm shooting objects.

I also bump the contrast form +1 to max, +3, if I'm shooting scenery.

But, and it's a big BUT, you should try the settings yourself and shoot with whatever settings please you. Your eye might not see the moment as someone else's eyes.

Happy shooting !

Deni