Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-18-2011, 06:27 PM   #1
Veteran Member
EyeSpy's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Arizona
Photos: Albums
Posts: 663
Squiggly

i was going to enter the new Alleyway weekly challenge so I stepped into my back alley and took three shots. The last shot has a squiggly in the middle. I don't see it in the other shots. Is this dust or ?. Thanks.

Attached Images
   
05-18-2011, 06:30 PM   #2
Veteran Member
EyeSpy's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Arizona
Photos: Albums
Posts: 663
Original Poster
Squiggly 2

here's a crop.
Attached Images
 
05-18-2011, 06:44 PM   #3
Inactive Account




Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Michigan, USA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 7,485
Get a blower.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-dslr-camera-articles/121739-those-...ml#post1259109

It's dirt or a fiber on your sensor. The Shaker may remove it but a blower is a part of any DSLR arsenal.

05-18-2011, 06:50 PM   #4
Veteran Member
KxBlaze's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: California
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,594
Most likely something on your sensor. Like Jeff said a blower should take care of that very easily.

05-18-2011, 06:51 PM   #5
Veteran Member
EyeSpy's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Arizona
Photos: Albums
Posts: 663
Original Poster
thanks. just kinda strange that it wasn't there and now it is. whew, just dust. okay.

if your still on line... this is a Km and it only has firmware v1.0. I've downloaded the latest update 1.11. The readme warns me that I should use the power adapter etc to complete the update. the readme warns that if i use batt. power and it fails then the camera is inoperable and will have to be repaired. eek. i'm using enloops and have shot maybe 50 shots at the most. the readme also says it should take about a 150 seconds to update. should i be worried and spend the bucks for an adapter?
05-18-2011, 07:28 PM   #6
Inactive Account




Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Michigan, USA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 7,485
QuoteOriginally posted by EyeSpy Quote
thanks. just kinda strange that it wasn't there and now it is. whew, just dust. okay.

if your still on line... this is a Km and it only has firmware v1.0. I've downloaded the latest update 1.11. The readme warns me that I should use the power adapter etc to complete the update. the readme warns that if i use batt. power and it fails then the camera is inoperable and will have to be repaired. eek. i'm using enloops and have shot maybe 50 shots at the most. the readme also says it should take about a 150 seconds to update. should i be worried and spend the bucks for an adapter?
I'll bet there are one in one thousand people here who even own the adapter. As long as your batteries are charged, you should be fine. Just don't turn anything off until you see COMPLETED on the rear screen. If you camera has the red SD card access light, it will flash wildly when your FW update is complete. Don't be alarmed by the flashing red light.

05-18-2011, 08:35 PM   #7
Veteran Member
EyeSpy's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Arizona
Photos: Albums
Posts: 663
Original Poster
Thanks Jeff and KX Blaze. - I got a "Low Battery" and shut off the camera. Geez. I thought eneloops were to hold a charge much longer. Anyway. I'm recharging the batts and will try tomorrow. Hope I didn't screw something up. Again, thanks for your help.
05-18-2011, 09:52 PM - 1 Like   #8
Veteran Member
KxBlaze's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: California
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,594
I did my Kx update on a fully charged set of Eneloops and everything went fine. It did take about 150 seconds and there is no way Eneloops will die that fast so you'll be fine.

**Did you say you took about 50 shots and got the low battery warning? Were the Eneloops fully charged? If so something is wrong. There is no way you should be getting only 50 shots. If that is the case then don't use the Eneloops to update your firmware. Get a new set of Eneloops or different batteries.

05-18-2011, 11:00 PM - 1 Like   #9
Inactive Account




Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Michigan, USA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 7,485
QuoteOriginally posted by EyeSpy Quote
Thanks Jeff and KX Blaze. - I got a "Low Battery" and shut off the camera. Geez. I thought eneloops were to hold a charge much longer. Anyway. I'm recharging the batts and will try tomorrow. Hope I didn't screw something up. Again, thanks for your help.


I hope you didn't shut off the camera while the Update was in progress.

Press Yes to begin
Phase 1
Phase 2
Completed

THEN turn off the camera...

05-19-2011, 06:57 PM   #10
Veteran Member
EyeSpy's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Arizona
Photos: Albums
Posts: 663
Original Poster
Well I was LUCKY!
When I started the first step last night... "pressing the menu button and turning the camera on at the same time" the LOW BATTERY message immediately appeared. I shut off the camera at that point, removed the card, placed the batts in the charger and called it a night.

So just now I placed the recharged batts into the camera, reinserted the SD and started the process. Tthe menu Jeff described appeared. Yada yada, I now have version 1.11 installed! Whew!

Now on to getting the PB Browser 3 and Lab. 3 installed without the previous version or a CD. That Q is on another thread. Mucho Gracias.
05-19-2011, 07:07 PM   #11
Pentaxian
JohnBee's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: front of computer
Posts: 4,496
QuoteOriginally posted by EyeSpy Quote
Well I was LUCKY!
When I started the first step last night... "pressing the menu button and turning the camera on at the same time" the LOW BATTERY message immediately appeared. I shut off the camera at that point, removed the card, placed the batts in the charger and called it a night.

So just now I placed the recharged batts into the camera, reinserted the SD and started the process. Tthe menu Jeff described appeared. Yada yada, I now have version 1.11 installed! Whew!

Now on to getting the PB Browser 3 and Lab. 3 installed without the previous version or a CD. That Q is on another thread. Mucho Gracias.
You're so right, you are lucky!
Glad to hear everything worked out.
05-19-2011, 09:24 PM   #12
Inactive Account




Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Michigan, USA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 7,485
Glad it worked out.. As a building contractor I know you can buy bricks for about 50 cents each. In some cases, they are free if you want to do some reclaiming. Bricks that lenses mount on however, are no fun.

Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, dslr, photography, shots
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:46 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top