Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-18-2011, 06:27 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Squiggly

i was going to enter the new Alleyway weekly challenge so I stepped into my back alley and took three shots. The last shot has a squiggly in the middle. I don't see it in the other shots. Is this dust or ?. Thanks.

Attached Images

05-18-2011, 06:30 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Squiggly 2

here's a crop.
Attached Images

05-18-2011, 06:44 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Get a blower.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-dslr-camera-articles/121739-those-...ml#post1259109

It's dirt or a fiber on your sensor. The Shaker may remove it but a blower is a part of any DSLR arsenal.

05-18-2011, 06:50 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Most likely something on your sensor. Like Jeff said a blower should take care of that very easily.

05-18-2011, 06:51 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
thanks. just kinda strange that it wasn't there and now it is. whew, just dust. okay.

if your still on line... this is a Km and it only has firmware v1.0. I've downloaded the latest update 1.11. The readme warns me that I should use the power adapter etc to complete the update. the readme warns that if i use batt. power and it fails then the camera is inoperable and will have to be repaired. eek. i'm using enloops and have shot maybe 50 shots at the most. the readme also says it should take about a 150 seconds to update. should i be worried and spend the bucks for an adapter?
05-18-2011, 07:28 PM   #6
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by EyeSpy Quote
thanks. just kinda strange that it wasn't there and now it is. whew, just dust. okay.

if your still on line... this is a Km and it only has firmware v1.0. I've downloaded the latest update 1.11. The readme warns me that I should use the power adapter etc to complete the update. the readme warns that if i use batt. power and it fails then the camera is inoperable and will have to be repaired. eek. i'm using enloops and have shot maybe 50 shots at the most. the readme also says it should take about a 150 seconds to update. should i be worried and spend the bucks for an adapter?
I'll bet there are one in one thousand people here who even own the adapter. As long as your batteries are charged, you should be fine. Just don't turn anything off until you see COMPLETED on the rear screen. If you camera has the red SD card access light, it will flash wildly when your FW update is complete. Don't be alarmed by the flashing red light.

05-18-2011, 08:35 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks Jeff and KX Blaze. - I got a "Low Battery" and shut off the camera. Geez. I thought eneloops were to hold a charge much longer. Anyway. I'm recharging the batts and will try tomorrow. Hope I didn't screw something up. Again, thanks for your help.
05-18-2011, 09:52 PM - 1 Like   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I did my Kx update on a fully charged set of Eneloops and everything went fine. It did take about 150 seconds and there is no way Eneloops will die that fast so you'll be fine.

**Did you say you took about 50 shots and got the low battery warning? Were the Eneloops fully charged? If so something is wrong. There is no way you should be getting only 50 shots. If that is the case then don't use the Eneloops to update your firmware. Get a new set of Eneloops or different batteries.

05-18-2011, 11:00 PM - 1 Like   #9
Inactive Account

Thanks Jeff and KX Blaze. - I got a "Low Battery" and shut off the camera. Geez. I thought eneloops were to hold a charge much longer. Anyway. I'm recharging the batts and will try tomorrow. Hope I didn't screw something up. Again, thanks for your help.

I hope you didn't shut off the camera while the Update was in progress.

Press Yes to begin
Phase 1
Phase 2
Completed

THEN turn off the camera...

05-19-2011, 06:57 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Well I was LUCKY!
When I started the first step last night... "pressing the menu button and turning the camera on at the same time" the LOW BATTERY message immediately appeared. I shut off the camera at that point, removed the card, placed the batts in the charger and called it a night.

So just now I placed the recharged batts into the camera, reinserted the SD and started the process. Tthe menu Jeff described appeared. Yada yada, I now have version 1.11 installed! Whew!

Now on to getting the PB Browser 3 and Lab. 3 installed without the previous version or a CD. That Q is on another thread. Mucho Gracias.
05-19-2011, 07:07 PM   #11
Pentaxian

Well I was LUCKY!
When I started the first step last night... "pressing the menu button and turning the camera on at the same time" the LOW BATTERY message immediately appeared. I shut off the camera at that point, removed the card, placed the batts in the charger and called it a night.

So just now I placed the recharged batts into the camera, reinserted the SD and started the process. Tthe menu Jeff described appeared. Yada yada, I now have version 1.11 installed! Whew!

Now on to getting the PB Browser 3 and Lab. 3 installed without the previous version or a CD. That Q is on another thread. Mucho Gracias.
You're so right, you are lucky!
Glad to hear everything worked out.
05-19-2011, 09:24 PM   #12
Inactive Account

Glad it worked out.. As a building contractor I know you can buy bricks for about 50 cents each. In some cases, they are free if you want to do some reclaiming. Bricks that lenses mount on however, are no fun.