Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
05-21-2011, 11:53 PM   #1

Location: Redwood Valley, Nor*Cal (97--)/Pocatello,ID (90-97)/SoCal Born&Raised(71-90)
Why no K-7 Forum?

Is there a reason why there is no dedicated forum for the K-7? I see the K-5 and K-r have one, it just struck me as odd the K-7 doesn't have one too.

05-22-2011, 12:43 AM   #2
hcc
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Good point. You may consider to place a suggestion in the Forum Suggestion section.
05-22-2011, 01:18 AM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

The k-7 isn't a current model; the dedicated forums are only for the current models. For all other cameras, use this section.
05-22-2011, 01:24 AM   #4

Location: Redwood Valley, Nor*Cal (97--)/Pocatello,ID (90-97)/SoCal Born&Raised(71-90)
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
The k-7 isn't a current model; the dedicated forums are only for the current models. For all other cameras, use this section.
Did they stop producing it? It looks like it's still current on Pentax's US Site, but no matter, I just got one and I LOVE it!

05-22-2011, 01:28 AM - 1 Like   #5
SPB

This is one thing I do not like about Pentax that the models change so frequently and then they are dropped. Th K-7 is not old. It annoys me doubly as originally I went to a shop 1 year ago to buy the K-5 and the shop told me they only had the K-7 and hadn't even heard of the K-5 here in Switzerland. I should have walked and shopped elsewhere. However I didn't I haggled to get rid of my trusty K-10 and came away with a very nice camera indeed the K-7. However to this day it niggles and especially when I am told the camera is now out of production. Cela vie I suppose.
05-22-2011, 02:12 AM   #6

Well you learned your lesson about research, but at least that 'mistake' got you a k-7, I don't think many people learn that lesson and come out that lucky lol.
05-22-2011, 02:54 AM   #7

Original Poster
Okay, thanks Adam. I thought it was still in production, at least it seems it is by the Pentax US Site, no worries though, I just got my K-7 from B&H and I LOVE it! I'm sure I'll upgrade somewhere down the line, but the K-7 is perfect for this DSLR beginner

Last edited by SoCalRailRoadGuy; 05-22-2011 at 03:02 AM.
05-22-2011, 02:58 AM   #8

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by SPB Quote
This is one thing I do not like about Pentax that the models change so frequently and then they are dropped. Th K-7 is not old. It annoys me doubly as originally I went to a shop 1 year ago to buy the K-5 and the shop told me they only had the K-7 and hadn't even heard of the K-5 here in Switzerland. I should have walked and shopped elsewhere. However I didn't I haggled to get rid of my trusty K-10 and came away with a very nice camera indeed the K-7. However to this day it niggles and especially when I am told the camera is now out of production. Cela vie I suppose.
Yeah, that is weird, I know the Canon EOS 7D came out in 2009 as well, but as far as I know it's still in production. As long as Pentax continues to provide support and firmware upgrades for it though, I'm okay with it, being a techie I know how fast things change nowdays, and I've learned this-it's okay to keep up with things and want the newest stuff, but be happy with with you have and try not to let what you don't have ruin what you do I got the official 2 year extended warranty from B&H for it as well, so I'm covered there for 3 years at least
05-22-2011, 03:13 AM   #9
SPB

Yes I am a techie too, but I hate changing my gear every 1 or 2 years, just because new models are coming out. I intended to go straight from K-10 to K-5, and be happy for 3 or 4 years at least. I do like the K-7 though, so I am not complaining, just explaining how I feel about technological change.
05-22-2011, 04:01 AM   #10

Original Poster
Yes I am a techie too, but I hate changing my gear every 1 or 2 years, just because new models are coming out. I intended to go straight from K-10 to K-5, and be happy for 3 or 4 years at least. I do like the K-7 though, so I am not complaining, just explaining how I feel about technological change.
I agree, and the rate of change seems to only speed up by the day. I too like my K-7, so I think I'll stay put for a bit
05-22-2011, 04:29 AM   #11
SPB

I have several pancakes and to my 'budget' there is my investment. The DSLR body of course can be changed, but not as frequently as the manufacturers would like. What is excellent about Pentax is that one can put on any lens from Pentax year dot onwards. I don't look at Canikon, so am not able to make a valid comment on them. I do love the Pentax feel and final results.
05-23-2011, 04:53 PM   #12

Photos: Albums
I would love to see a K7 forum! K5 is still not sold at Henry's, the largest Photo store in Ontario, Canada. (Toronto for those who have not heard of our Province) Just saying......
05-23-2011, 05:20 PM   #13
Inactive Account

A Year ago? The K5 was introduced in September 2010 If I remember correctly. Why would they have had it in May 2010?

05-23-2011, 07:24 PM   #14
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by SoCalRailRoadGuy Quote
Is there a reason why there is no dedicated forum for the K-7? I see the K-5 and K-r have one, it just struck me as odd the K-7 doesn't have one too.
There is a K-7 User Group you can join and post to if you feel the K-5 people are getting all the attention.
05-23-2011, 08:19 PM   #15
Banned

Photos: Albums
What will happen to the dedicated forums once the models are no longer current? Are their posts going to be merged back into this forum?