Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-22-2011, 04:23 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Whoops... I slipped....

.... and bought a K-7.
You may have read my thread here, where I asked about the issues/benefits etc of a K-7. In the end I suggested that I'd just stick with the GX20 until after the K-5 replacement comes out and re-assess then, unless an "offer I couldn't refuse" comes up.
Dag Nabbit - it did.
I've managed to change over my GX-20 (a mate happened to be looking for a K20D right now, so bought the GX20) for a K-7 with a couple more lenses, flash, grip and a few other odds and sods for less that $200.
Should have it in a few days.

05-22-2011, 07:35 AM   #2
Veteran Member

I admire your self-discipline. After deciding to hold off on a k-7 purchase you lasted, what, six hours? Wish I could control my impulsiveness that well!
05-30-2011, 04:32 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
So I've had the K-7 for a week now...and?
Nutshell version; I love it.
It's really not that much physically smaller than the GX20, but significantly lighter. I wasn't sure at first if I'd like the lightness, but in the end I definitely do.
I took it out for the motorcycle shoot last week and it performed stunningly. Images are very crisp and sharp (tho I realise thats got more to do with the lense), and it was very easy to handle.
One main thing I've intially noticed it how quiet the shutter action is. I *really* like this. In quiet situations, the noise from the GX20 would make me half jump and had a very sudden 'click' to it. The K-7 just quietly goes about its business, which I found has helped substantially with semi-long exposures whilst hand-held (the motorcycle shoot was all hand-held).
So thus far I am very. very happy with it!