Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-24-2011, 09:44 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Bracketing with timer/remote

Is there a way to shoot bracketed exposure with timer or remote in k-x. The way menu is organized, it makes it impossible to set bracketing along with timer or remote.

Yusuf

05-24-2011, 05:44 PM   #2
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by yusuf Quote
Is there a way to shoot bracketed exposure with timer or remote in k-x. The way menu is organized, it makes it impossible to set bracketing along with timer or remote.

Yusuf
That's correct, it is impossible. I believe a K-5 or K-7 will allow this but only with a cable release as to use a cable release doesn't require a change in drive mode.

You have 2 choices with the K-x
1) in auto bracketting mode apply gentle and consistent pressure to the shutter. This doesn't get the sharpest of shots though. I use this for handheld HDR shots.
2) use manual mode, and use 2sec timer drive mode (which has the added benefit of mirror lock up) and change shutter settings between each of the three shots. That's the method I use when the camera is on a tripod and I want the sharpest possible shot.

I guess the third choice is buy a K5/7 and a cable release.
05-25-2011, 05:34 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
ooops, so this is unresolved in k-5 too - a item goes to firmware wishlist for me.

Thanks