Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-24-2011, 04:09 AM   #16

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
The article specifically referred to the Japanese SLR ...
No it didn't - it's title is 'Who brought us the SLR' and starts out referring to two European SLRs before moving onto Japanese developments. If its anything its 'A brief outline of the development of the 35mm SLR with an emphasis on Pentax'

I commented on the historical inaccuracy in the original thread but was ignored...

06-24-2011, 03:19 PM   #17

Photos: Albums
(Kine) Exakta ca. 1936
06-24-2011, 03:58 PM   #18
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by zekewhipper Quote
(Kine) Exakta ca. 1936
Too bad it didn't have the PentaPrism. Plus the Exakta sytling, while a work of art doesn't bear a resemblance to any modern slr bodies.
06-24-2011, 04:02 PM   #19
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Talisker Quote
No it didn't - it's title is 'Who brought us the SLR' and starts out referring to two European SLRs before moving onto Japanese developments. If its anything its 'A brief outline of the development of the 35mm SLR with an emphasis on Pentax'

I commented on the historical inaccuracy in the original thread but was ignored...
Actually, the story was about these puppies here which is the one that knocked Nikon and Canon out of their Rangefinder modes:

I don't think a case can be made that those Exakta slr had an influence the was the Asaiflex and 'AP' did on the development of the slr's dominance in the last half of the 20th Century and into the 21st. The Praktiflex waistfinder bodies and Contax S obviously influenced Asahi Optical. But the shape and lateral profile of those Exakta bodies is very unique.

http://basepath.com/Photography/KineExakta.php

I have considered several times on getting a Kine B to CLA because they use 127 film.

Last edited by Blue; 06-24-2011 at 04:27 PM.