Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-28-2011, 10:41 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Turning off the Focus confirmation

Hi,

Can the focus confirmation be (green hexagon in the viewfinder) turned off in K20D? I know the focus area indicator can be turned off (red square) but didn't see anything about turning off the focus confirmation in the manual. Knowing that the focus area is a lot bigger than the size of the red square indicated in the viewfinder, I don't want to be influenced by the K20D's perception of what is or isn't in focus. And, I want to see if my manual focus ability is up to par or not.

Thanks,

05-28-2011, 10:55 AM   #2
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by excanonfd Quote
Hi,

Can the focus confirmation be (green hexagon in the viewfinder) turned off in K20D? I know the focus area indicator can be turned off (red square) but didn't see anything about turning off the focus confirmation in the manual. Knowing that the focus area is a lot bigger than the size of the red square indicated in the viewfinder, I don't want to be influenced by the K20D's perception of what is or isn't in focus. And, I want to see if my manual focus ability is up to par or not.

Thanks,
You can manually focus and simply not depress the shutter till you're ready... OR

I've got a K10 and under Custom Settings > AF by Press Halfway > Off - this turns the green indicator off for me
05-28-2011, 11:53 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by theunartist Quote
You can manually focus and simply not depress the shutter till you're ready... OR

I've got a K10 and under Custom Settings > AF by Press Halfway > Off - this turns the green indicator off for me
That's great, just what I was looking for. I want to try completely manual focus with long and slow telephoto shots where focus confirmation could be a distraction.

Thanks,