Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-08-2007, 12:45 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Miserere Quote
If you have one of the e-dials set to control ISO, then the ISO will appear permanently...in place of the # of shots left! Is it too much to ask to have both?
Well, as noted, that's useless in hyperprogram or manual mode.

11-08-2007, 01:34 PM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by WMBP Quote
I was agreeing with Matt when he said: "Why there isn't an option to just always show it is beyond me."

It's good to know that I can punch the OK button to SEE the ISO, and can change it without going into the Fn screens. But Matt's right: it should be visible in the viewfinder all the time, or at least that should be an option.

Will
D'oh! Sorry, then.
11-08-2007, 01:49 PM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mattdm Quote
Well, as noted, that's useless in hyperprogram or manual mode.
Yeah, that's also true.
11-08-2007, 05:53 PM   #19
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Well I'm easily satisfied because now I have more ISO options that I didn't have with my KM7D. This is really important for weddings where you are always changing the ISO to suit the light. This is a big advantage over the film days, hope i don't hurt any purists, lol. I guess you just have to remember what ISO you're using.

Tim H

11-09-2007, 12:02 PM   #20
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Miserere Quote
If you have one of the e-dials set to control ISO, then the ISO will appear permanently...in place of the # of shots left! Is it too much to ask to have both?
I dunno, I rarely need to know the # of shots left very often. I just hit 'ok' - and I see the count, and continue shooting.

!c
11-09-2007, 04:35 PM   #21
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Gimbal Quote
You can set the ISO by pressing and holding down the OK button while turning the front dial. The camera also displays the current ISO while pressing the OK button, both in the viewfinder and on the top display. It’s not in the manual as the function came in one of the early firmware updates. (This goes for the K10d)
QuoteOriginally posted by roscot Quote
You can also set a custom function to utilize one of the scroll wheels in conjunction with the OK button, to set ISO without going through the Fn menu.
QuoteOriginally posted by mattdm Quote
Which has the awesome side-effect of making it show up in the viewfinder all of the time.
This is great information guys. This ought to be a sticky for future readers.
11-10-2007, 06:57 AM   #22

is any of this possibly on my K100D Super?

i wish i could quickly set the ISO withough have ing to troll through t Fn Menu

or at least you shouldn't need to press the Fn button

you should be able to do it by just pressing the arrow. whats the point of having to pretty the Fn button at all?