Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
06-05-2011, 06:18 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jogiba Quote
Great shots Marc. Was that with your FA* 250-600/5.6 ED [IF] ?
Thank you and yes it's with the FA* 250-600/5.6.

That animated gif is quite funny BTW!!

06-05-2011, 08:10 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Marc Langille Quote
I hope I do not confuse the matter in my replies...
Quite the contrary. It's simply that I'm not as knowledgable as most Forums members. Thank you for taking the time to explain it all, Marc.

Tim

Last edited by .a.t.; 06-06-2011 at 11:45 AM. Reason: nuance
06-06-2011, 03:59 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Tim, one clarification/caveat for this paragraph

QuoteOriginally posted by all thumbs Quote
Quite the contrary. It's simply that I'm not as knowledgable as most Forums members. Thank you for taking the time to explain it all, Marc.

Tim

This technique yields great results for me by dampening the movement created by pressing the shutter button - my left hand and face do much of that. AF function is disabled and is separated onto the back panel AF button instead. Then I (hopefully) don't create as much movement since I'm pushing against the back button, not the top when I need to engage AF - which is often with these subjects.

With the K10D, I don't have a dedicated AF button on the Pentax D-BG2 grip. I have to put my hand on the top/bottom of the body (since it's rotated 90 degrees) to still use AF. This means that portrait orientated images are a bit... difficult... (?) when trying to use the AF button...

You are most welcome and please don't hesitate to ask me questions. I'll do my best to answer them - if I can!

Regards,
Marc
06-11-2011, 03:59 AM   #19

Photos: Gallery
Vs 7D

Terrific images Marc. But then terrific skills too. And that lens is a work of art.

The first image is K5, handheld, ISO 12800. Topaz Denoise to reduce noise. The poor lil DA L 55-300mm at that.

The second is without noise reduction

Wonder how the 7D would do with a consumer zoom.

Arijit

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo