Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-10-2011, 05:27 AM - 1 Like   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Newb here - can you tell me more about this and how it works from a purchasing and installation standpoint? Thanks.
it's like the ome53
basically you remove the rubber from the eyepiece and it slides on in it's place. has a +3 piece of glass in it
I got mine through the Pentax Canada parts department, just called in an order
it's shown in the back of the manual under accessories if i'm not mistaken
really useful for me, i use in conjunction with a split prism

edit - as for the retrofit for another prescription i think it would just be a matter of taking it to your optometrist when you are getting new glasses, wouldn't be cheap though

06-10-2011, 05:53 AM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
it's like the ome53
basically you remove the rubber from the eyepiece and it slides on in it's place. has a +3 piece of glass in it
I got mine through the Pentax Canada parts department, just called in an order
it's shown in the back of the manual under accessories if i'm not mistaken
really useful for me, i use in conjunction with a split prism

edit - as for the retrofit for another prescription i think it would just be a matter of taking it to your optometrist when you are getting new glasses, wouldn't be cheap though
Thanks, that does sound easy. I have a query into Pentax USA about this as they have none listed in their accessories section nor do any of the authorized Pentax dealers like B&H or Adorama. Seems it would be a very useful addition - I would need a -3 diopter unit myself
06-10-2011, 06:10 AM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Thanks, that does sound easy. I have a query into Pentax USA about this as they have none listed in their accessories section nor do any of the authorized Pentax dealers like B&H or Adorama. Seems it would be a very useful addition - I would need a -3 diopter unit myself
it wasn't in the accessories, it was a parts department item so through Pentax service, not sure how the US handles it. As far as I am aware a -2 is as good as it gets in that direction, but combined with the built in adjustment levels it may be sufficient for you
06-10-2011, 06:15 AM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
it wasn't in the accessories, it was a parts department item so through Pentax service, not sure how the US handles it. As far as I am aware a -2 is as good as it gets in that direction, but combined with the built in adjustment levels it may be sufficient for you
Thanks. I emailed Pentax USA's CS folks and hopefully they'll have an answer for me. -2 is better than nothing and combined with the onboard adjustment comes close to -3 at around -2.8 as I recall.