Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-09-2011, 05:26 AM   #1

Pentax rental services

Next month I'll have to shoot a couple of events for my photography thesis work. My school uses Nikon, whereas I, of course, have Pentax, which actually rules out using their stuff.
So far I've used my Tamron 28-75 f2.8 to shoot concerts succesfully, it is also, generally speaking, my most used lens. For most other types of situations the kit lens would be enough on the wide end, and my oldish A 70-210 f4 would normally cover the long end. For this kind of assignment, though, I'll need a lot of variety, while still maintaining good quality and, possibly, fast glass. So I was considering a fast (2.8) 70-200 from third parters (or similar Pentax equivalent) and one of the fast-ish super-wides such as the 10-20. Obviously I cannot afford to buy these two lenses, hence the following question: are there any stores or services that allow rental of Pentax-related products?

I've been looking a little on the web, but so far I've only come across one such service in France. Unfortunately (but understandably so) they only serve residents of France. So here I'm asking specifically if anyone knows of such places in Switzerland or Belgium.

Thank you!

06-09-2011, 05:43 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This is one of the hazards of owning a product of a company that is not as popular as others.

If you find that you are unable to find a place to rent Pentax lenses in those countries your options are:

-find somone who owns pentax lenses and see if they will let your borrow it for your thesis. There maybe someone on this forum.
-shoot with Nikon for this particular assignment. No point in being such a 'fan' that you will never use one of the other brands.
06-09-2011, 05:58 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by psychdoc Quote
This is one of the hazards of owning a product of a company that is not as popular as others.

If you find that you are unable to find a place to rent Pentax lenses in those countries your options are:

-find somone who owns pentax lenses and see if they will let your borrow it for your thesis. There maybe someone on this forum.
-shoot with Nikon for this particular assignment. No point in being such a 'fan' that you will never use one of the other brands.
Thanks for your reply. Yes, unfortunately I know full well Pentax is not as popular as the big two, still, with a little peer knowledge, it might turn out such places actually exist but are just flying under the radar.

Depending on people's willingness, borrowing off some other user could work, but I'd keep this option last, for a thousand reasons such as insurance, responsibility, etc. (that's not to say I would mistreat the equipment, but you never know what might happen, and it's always better to be safe than sorry).

It's not so much a matter of being a Pentax fan, but knowing my camera better than any Nikon I might have used in the past. I'll be massively relying upon it, having no possibility to reshoot if anything goes wrong, and I'd rather exclude user mishandlings due to some weird forgotten settings or functions that aren't where I expect them to be and don't do what I expect them to.
06-09-2011, 06:20 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

in germany is one Pentax Objektiv Verleih Pentax lenses for rent und diverse Stative

06-09-2011, 08:00 AM   #5
Site Supporter

Try Camera Lens Rentals I have never used them but they seem to stock some Pentax equipment according to their website.