Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-15-2006, 11:02 AM   #1
Inactive Account

cheapest reputable place to buy k100d?

cheapest all seem to be 599 at butterfly and beh photo a, anyone seen it cheaper?

12-15-2006, 11:10 AM   #2

buydig.com, and beachcamera.com have great prices too
12-15-2006, 12:44 PM   #3
Veteran Member

beachcamera.com
$561 shipped or add $10 for faster shipping. Then you still have the $50 rebate..........
12-15-2006, 02:01 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
hey guys , here it is for 509 after rebate from abes!Pentax K100D 6.1 Megapixel Digital SLR Camera w/ 18-55 Lens Kit - abesofmaine.com/dev Cameras and Electronics

12-15-2006, 02:21 PM   #5

I ordered mine from BeachCamera.com on Monday; FedEx tracking shows it should be here tomorrow, but since I won't be here to get it, it will probably be Monday. I also ordered the DA 50-200mm lens at the same time.

I also looked at Abe's, but after perusing resellerratings.com, I saw that Abe's was not necessarily the best place to get it. Anyplace that requires a call to "confirm" the order (in fact, it is just an opportunity to upsell you on overpriced crappy accessories and extended warranties) is not a place where I will be doing business. BeachCamera.com treated it as a straightforward online transaction, and the only phone call involved was my credit card company ensuring that my card had not been "liberated" by somebody else.

Beach is almost the lowest, and the small amount over some of the competition is worth it to me to deal with a company that seems to care about their customer service.
12-15-2006, 04:53 PM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Technosavant Quote
I ordered mine from BeachCamera.com on Monday; FedEx tracking shows it should be here tomorrow, but since I won't be here to get it, it will probably be Monday. I also ordered the DA 50-200mm lens at the same time.
Beach camera's shipping is the best. When you order overnight, it actually comes the next day

If no one's there to get it, FedEx normally leaves the package by your door.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

12-15-2006, 05:51 PM   #7
Veteran Member

in the UK it sems to be Jacobs.. it still costs half as much again as in the US.. but its the cheapest UK price as yet..

trog
12-15-2006, 06:04 PM   #8
Forum Member

US Sources

Two places to check for best prices in the US are Pricer Grabber and Amazon.

PriceGrabber.com - Comparison Shopping Beyond Compare

PriceGrabber will give you a 'best price' total which includes shipping and tax.

Amazon.com: Online Shopping for Electronics, Apparel, Computers, Books, DVDs & more

Amazon is also a gateway for other companies such as Adorama and 17th Street Photo. I found the best Pentax lens prices via Amazon when I was purchasing.

12-15-2006, 06:22 PM   #9
Rak

QuoteOriginally posted by Mo Quote
Beach camera's shipping is the best. When you order overnight, it actually comes the next day

My dad ordered my K110D from there -- excellent service. I noticed that their site/prices are almost the same as Buydig.com's, and I later found out that they used to be part of Buydig.com. We were going to order the camera from Buydig.com, considering it was the same price and the website said it was in stock, but we called and they told us it was not stock. We called Beach Camera and they told us it was in stock. We ordered it on Sunday, and they shipped it the next day. We chose standard shipping and it came exactly on time. Plus, there's the $50 Pentax rebate.

However, Fedex did not leave the package by our door as they usually do. They came back the next day at the same time, and left a note saying they would only come once more to try, otherwise we'd have to pick it up. Luckily, I was home the next day, when they delivered it a 3rd and final time. If they had left it by the door, I would have had it 2 days earlier, but I won't get it until Christmas anyway . I definitely recommend Beach Camera -- they have excellent service and they have a brick and mortar outlet in New Jersey.
12-16-2006, 03:45 AM   #10
Inactive Account

Original Poster
hmmm i live 5 minutes from abes and they have instore purchases , so it didnt look like a bad thing to me! im gonna go down there probally next week any questions you guys tthink i should ask or would want to know yourself let me know.
12-16-2006, 03:53 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Well... Beach is down the road from my office... and B&H photo is across the street from my other office...

The price differential at Beach is done in by my having to pay NJ tax vs. shipping across the river from B&H. But were I to buy in person, the NYC tax would swamp the NJ tax...

Next time I go by, I'll take a pic of Beach - the store's kinda dinky and small, you'd never know they did such a big online business...
12-16-2006, 04:23 AM   #12
Inactive Account

Original Poster
ok i just realized im a half hour from beach so i can go to either place. abes is an authorized pentax dealer wich puts it up over those brooklyn backdoor joints and beach looks good to!

right now i might go with beach only because they have a 15 day return policy even if the box is opened, abes has a 30 day but the box cant be opened.
the only reason i like the return policy from beach is incase the camera is broken i can take it back and exchange on the spot for a new one im guessing and from abes youd have to send it back to pentax or go to wherever they send yo to get it fixed!

my first choice would be bh but for the same camera kit im not seeing the 50 dollar rebate like all the other sites have , wich i cant understand since its a manufacturers rebate i think.
maybe someone could look into the bh thing, maybe im missing something!
12-16-2006, 04:26 AM   #13
Inactive Account

Original Poster
hey nesster do you know any places in nj that have some begginer photography classes? im in middlesex county about 35 minutes from manhatten if theres no traffic!
12-16-2006, 10:38 AM   #14
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mo Quote

unfortunately, seems they require signature these days. Btw, my camera just came in this morning. So, 4-6 day business shipping actually means 1.5 days for beachcamera.........
12-16-2006, 12:14 PM   #15
Veteran Member

we must be slipping in the general morality stakes but if something got left by the door in the UK it would rapidly get nicked..

trog