Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-14-2007, 04:37 PM   #46
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by vinzer Quote
I think Matjazz's idea is that battery manufacturers would stop making new batteries for the K10D sooner than they would stop making AA batteries. The batteries we buy today for the K10D, no matter how many, will eventually give up, so I'm with Matjazz on this one point.
You're right Vinzer

And about Nikon solution - they make battery shaped cartridges with place for three CR2 batteries. Since CR2 are standard, although harder to get than AA, they are still less likely to extinct than proprietary ones.

Last edited by Matjazz; 11-14-2007 at 04:45 PM.
11-14-2007, 05:00 PM   #47
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jgredline Quote
Another point is the speed of the auto focus that is a result of pure battery power
But the MZ-60 I tried focused way faster than my DS, but only uses (from memory) 1 of those half-AA sized batteries.

QuoteOriginally posted by vinzer Quote
I think Matjazz's idea is that battery manufacturers would stop making new batteries for the K10D sooner than they would stop making AA batteries. The batteries we buy today for the K10D, no matter how many, will eventually give up,...
That's something I'd never thought of, good thinking.

I think it's okay for Pentax to use the big batteries, a la K10D, but they should also design the camera to take some sort of adaptor that you can fit AA's into, so you can use them if you choose or need to.
11-15-2007, 04:09 AM   #48
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Arpe Quote
But the MZ-60 I tried focused way faster than my DS, but only uses (from memory) 1 of those half-AA sized batteries.

That's something I'd never thought of, good thinking.

I think it's okay for Pentax to use the big batteries, a la K10D, but they should also design the camera to take some sort of adaptor that you can fit AA's into, so you can use them if you choose or need to.
That probably is the allure of some third-party battery grips for me, since some of them make theirs so it could take AA batteries.

Canon's grip for their entry-level cameras got it right (at least in terms of energy source) when they made it so you could put in their proprietary batteries or AA batteries. Here's hoping Pentax would also do that in their next offerings.
11-15-2007, 09:28 AM   #49
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by codiac2600 Quote
The new cameras have names now and will be out ready for sale soon enough now.

Enjoy that tidbit and nobody guessed the correct answer BTW for the pro body LMAO!

Spotmatic D?

11-15-2007, 11:58 AM   #50
Inactive Account

When is the planned replacement for the K10D available?
11-15-2007, 12:39 PM   #51
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Billy Quote
When is the planned replacement for the K10D available?
well, from what I have been reading here, it looks like never or a couple of years that seems like never.:ugh:
11-15-2007, 12:59 PM   #52
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by filmamigo Quote
Spotmatic D?

I like it!