Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-15-2006, 11:07 AM   #1
Inactive Account

difference between the k100d and k110d?

im a newbie and im finally giving up on my piece of garbage point n shoot camera and have been looking at the pentax k100d , but i just saw a post talking about the k110d costing 420 dollars at butterfly wich looks better then 600 for the k100d.
so id like to know whats the difference, is it just the new anti shake or is there more? actually as a newbie with major shake issues with my point and shooot , the anti shake thing has me wanting to suck it up and shell out the exstra money!

thanks
zimzum

12-15-2006, 11:20 AM   #2
Veteran Member

The SR (shake reduction) is the only difference.
12-15-2006, 11:53 AM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yup, the SR is the only true difference. They also look slightly different because of the K110's minor silver parts.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-15-2006, 11:57 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Well, is the K100 a bit bulkier as well? Subtle, yes, but it felt to me as though it may be a bit heavier, and possibly even thicker. But quite small difference, unless you're holding both one after the other.

12-15-2006, 01:09 PM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

I believe the casing is the same, but it weights just a bit more because of the SR mechanism.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-15-2006, 02:22 PM   #6

Like they said, the SR is the only difference, but from what I have read, it's worth it. As I posted in your other thread, go to www.beachcamera.com; their price is quite good for the K100D.
12-15-2006, 04:50 PM   #7
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by Technosavant Quote
Like they said, the SR is the only difference, but from what I have read, it's worth it. As I posted in your other thread, go to www.beachcamera.com; their price is quite good for the K100D.
It definitely is, although I went directly to the K10D from my DS2.

Here's an SR test from the K10D (it's been improved over the previous SR mechanisms): https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-dslr-discussion/998-k10d-sr-test-l...le-images.html

You know you want it

Adam

12-15-2006, 05:55 PM   #8
Veteran Member

"it's been improved over the previous SR mechanisms"

not that much according to the recent dpreview.. err review..

trog