Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-20-2006, 03:35 AM   #76
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Quietly Confident Quote
Congratulations on your appointment as arbiter of the forum's discussion policy.

However, much as you might enjoy your new role, I should point out that I (and anyone else with any backbone) will ingnore your instructions and talk to whomever we wish to.

Speaking personally, I would much rather converse with RH than with you.

Sorry George I forget how sensitive some people are.

For those who don't know George (actually I'm one of them who doesn't) he is a sad little man (I think) who has decided his role in life is to be a professional Troll.

Seriously, a professional Troll - How sad is that.

I am not even sure he actually knows what a camera looks like and you will never see a shot of his posted showing off his artistic talents

Just a quick warning George I am not interested in a word duel so don't bother wasting bait on me. But please check out some of my photos in the gallery and rip me to shreds I really need the feedback if I am going to improve - and you are an expert;aren't you??????

12-20-2006, 06:37 AM   #77
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Falcons Quote
(snip)
For those who don't know George (actually I'm one of them who doesn't) he is a sad little man (I think) who has decided his role in life is to be a professional Troll.
(snip)
I am not even sure he actually knows what a camera looks like and you will never see a shot of his posted showing off his artistic talents
Both of these statements are incorrect. I have seen George post pictures, some of them recently IIRC.
I don't think George is a professional troll, I think you might find the opposite - at first he made it his duty to buck the establishment, and (correctly IMO) call people out for blindly supporting an established forum hierarchy. Sometimes he went on tangents and sometimes he went too far, but the ultimate irony is that he has proven to be a nice little anti-hero. And hence, he has become part of the hierarchy, although most times he still plays an important role in calling out frauds.

George is someone with whom I'd sit down and have a beer.

I'd also make sure to let him know that the K10 is a better camera than he gives credit. They even fixed the eyecup.
12-20-2006, 10:14 AM   #78
Inactive Account

I hate that term 'troll'. Its so easy and mindless to label someone with whom you do not agree a 'troll'. I do not know George, but even though I do not agree with some of what he posts, he definitely seems to put a lot of thought into it
12-20-2006, 10:24 AM   #79
Ed in GA

Well, there went the neighborhood.

12-20-2006, 12:37 PM   #80
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by tknterry Quote
I hate that term 'troll'. Its so easy and mindless to label someone with whom you do not agree a 'troll'. I do not know George, but even though I do not agree with some of what he posts, he definitely seems to put a lot of thought into it
I have to amend this comment. Sometimes he puts thought into his posts.
12-20-2006, 02:06 PM   #81
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by carpents Quote
Both of these statements are incorrect. I have seen George post pictures, some of them recently IIRC.
I don't think George is a professional troll, I think you might find the opposite - at first he made it his duty to buck the establishment, and (correctly IMO) call people out for blindly supporting an established forum hierarchy. Sometimes he went on tangents and sometimes he went too far, but the ultimate irony is that he has proven to be a nice little anti-hero. And hence, he has become part of the hierarchy, although most times he still plays an important role in calling out frauds.

George is someone with whom I'd sit down and have a beer.

I'd also make sure to let him know that the K10 is a better camera than he gives credit. They even fixed the eyecup.
Oh no!!
I am being ganged up on by Georges mates.

Lets see three posts -
1. To say hi to a well known and multiple banned Pentax brand basher (who has made it his life ambition to purchase Pentax products then warn others not too - they probably need to invent another word to describe someone like that.).

2. To try and personally bait me.

3. To have a go at a moderator and lay a bit more bait for me.

Seriously the guy joins a Pentax site, puts his location as Prison and offers nothing constructive and you guys want to stick it to me - oh woe is me.

Sorry guys have a thick skin so keep on stabbing away - I can take it.

I personally pity people like this George who have nothing better to do than trolling through chatboards causing controversy to get the attention they crave so much - sad, very sad.
12-20-2006, 04:05 PM   #82
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thanks for reporting this, guys.

I hate to see such valuable threads drift off-topic, but since this one has, I'm forced to close it, as requested.

----------------------

"In an attempt to keep the forum as friendly as possible, the Forum staff will delete, close, or edit any threads that violate the Forum Rules. Additionally, users, including "trolls," that act disrespectfully in their posts or otherwise cause trouble will be banned or warned as needed.

Certain misconduct, including spamming, can lead to extended, immediate, or permanent bans."

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
Closed Thread