Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-19-2011, 06:42 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
K7 with Grip

I was going over my settings in my menu when I noticed that there was a setting for what battery is used first. Options were auto, body & Grip. Does the camera actually switch from one to the other, or does it drain both at the same time? Will the battery indicator go from full, to empty, then back to full again when it switches to the other battery?

06-19-2011, 07:20 PM   #2
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Only one battery is used at a time, and when one is drained during operation, the camera doesn't automatically switch from the drained battery to other battery for charge. So it is as you say, the battery indicator goes from empty to full when it decides to change power sources.
06-20-2011, 04:25 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
Only one battery is used at a time, and when one is drained during operation, the camera doesn't automatically switch from the drained battery to other battery for charge. So it is as you say, the battery indicator goes from empty to full when it decides to change power sources.
Maybe I've mis-read what you've posted, or you've got an error, or I'm just thick.

You said the camera doesn't automatically switch, but then you said the battery indicator goes from empty to full. Do I have to tell it to switch then?
06-20-2011, 06:34 AM   #4
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You can, but the camera doesn't know to switch until either you say so or one of the batteries is dead enough for the camera to have to switch to the other battery.