Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-23-2011, 08:36 PM   #16

Photos: Albums
Voted for you. I did view all the others and it was a toss up for me between yours, the girl under the stairs, the horse behind the purple flowers, and the lone duck. I liked the duck as much as yours but went with yours because it took more effort.

Nicely done...

Bill

06-24-2011, 10:33 AM   #17
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Same from me, similar thoughts on the photos as well.
06-24-2011, 12:34 PM   #18

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thanks all. I just got confirmation that my image is a FINALIST! I have a 1 in 10 chance of winning the grand prize in my category. The voting is done and Ron Howard himself will select the final images for the grand prize.

Thanks again and I completely understand that this image is not everyone's favorite type of processing. Yeah, I have heard it all, this type of stuff makes some people's eyes bleed, hehehehe.

Thanks again. Sincerely appreciate it.
06-24-2011, 12:42 PM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Trig Quote
Thanks all. I just got confirmation that my image is a FINALIST! I have a 1 in 10 chance of winning the grand prize in my category. The voting is done and Ron Howard himself will select the final images for the grand prize.

Thanks again and I completely understand that this image is not everyone's favorite type of processing. Yeah, I have heard it all, this type of stuff makes some people's eyes bleed, hehehehe.

Thanks again. Sincerely appreciate it.
Wow, that's pretty cool to have an acclaimed motion picture producer and director looking at your photo. And he's lil' Opie Cunningham, to boot! Good luck!

06-24-2011, 05:12 PM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by DogLover Quote
And he's lil' Opie Cunningham,
OR, Richie Taylor!
06-24-2011, 05:20 PM   #21

Arrgh. Missed the vote. I saw the ad on youtube earlier this week and saw that shot and thought it looked like the industrial HDRs (that I think you do.)

Hope you make it....a Pentax guy winning the canon contest. Sweet.
06-24-2011, 07:15 PM   #22
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Fantastic news. Now that it's reached this stage, I'd like to see the larger version, Could you post it here? Looking at the various images, I think it has a great chance. Since this is for a movie, the shot offers so many ideas. There were some great shots there but many I couldn't see building a story from much more than the original shot.

06-24-2011, 07:19 PM   #23

Original Poster
I will be glad to post it.

Again, this is HDR and I know that many cannot stand this type of processing and I am fine with that. This isn't the critique section so if you do not like it, please save the critique for other images that are asking for it.

Regardless, at least it is a finalist. Still can't believe it.

06-24-2011, 07:27 PM   #24
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Trig Quote
I will be glad to post it.

Again, this is HDR and I know that many cannot stand this type of processing and I am fine with that. This isn't the critique section so if you do not like it, please save the critique for other images that are asking for it.

Regardless, at least it is a finalist. Still can't believe it.
well, you can start by thanking us again.
06-24-2011, 07:33 PM   #25

Original Poster
Thank you, thank you, thank you! So much appreciated!

For each category, 7 images with the most votes were selected as finalists. Canon also chose 3 others that they thought should be finalists so that the not only the images that got the popular vote won.