Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-22-2011, 12:31 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Price For A K10 + Accessories

I have a K10 with a battery grip and 3 batteries that I want to sell. The body and grip are in like new condition except for one thing. The on camera flash does not work on the K10 body. Other than that, all functions etc. work perfectly. The TTL flash shoe works fine. I have never got it fixed because I never use the internal flash. My daughter took a pic with my camera and low and behold the flash didn't work. Go figure. I have no idea what these items are worth and would appreciate receiving some input as to what I should be asking. Thanks for reading my post.

06-22-2011, 05:26 PM   #2
Veteran Member

I'd suggest you spend a coupl of weeks looking at how much they go for on ebay in canada...
Here in the UK they go for about 220-350 depending on condition and accessories/lenses etc...
06-22-2011, 06:06 PM   #3
Veteran Member

You can also check out the sold listings from the marketplace here on the forum. There should be plenty to get a relatively accurate price gauge.
06-25-2011, 01:17 PM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mapleleaf-Mick Quote
I have a K10 with a battery grip and 3 batteries that I want to sell. The body and grip are in like new condition except for one thing. The on camera flash does not work on the K10 body. Other than that, all functions etc. work perfectly. The TTL flash shoe works fine. I have never got it fixed because I never use the internal flash. My daughter took a pic with my camera and low and behold the flash didn't work. Go figure. I have no idea what these items are worth and would appreciate receiving some input as to what I should be asking. Thanks for reading my post.
I don't think you will get very much for a camera body with a major defect like a non functioning flash. It may not seem major to you since you don't use the internal flash but if anyone buying your K10D has aspirations of getting the flash fixed, they will want deep six discount for the repair cost, which will be just about what this camera body is worth. It may be better to give the K10D to your daughter to shoot with while you play with your brand new K-5 (congrats!). I have a K10D in as new condition, with barely 2K+ shutter count which I don't think will fetch more than $300.00. I don't know whether I want to part with it or not, I may convert it to Infra-red camera.

Thanks,

06-25-2011, 07:31 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Have you gone through the settings, maybe reset to factory defaults, to make sure that the flash is really broken? I don't have a K10 and am not sure how/if you could disable the flash, but you might check into it.

Paul
06-25-2011, 07:42 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
The flash thing is supposedly a common defect with certain versions of the *ist and a few other earlier Pentax DSLR's. I was told the wire inside gets messed up after a while and the flash then refuses to work but the hot shoe remains active. One of the Pentax people I talked to on the phone when I first got my *ist told me it was an issue for some of the earlier ones and had been covered during the warranty period.

Unfortunately if your camera is now out of warranty you're out of luck. They quoted me like $200 at the time to repair it which was more than the camera was worth really. The guy that sold me mine asked for $50 for it, literally. He basically sold me the camera for parts with no guarantees. The flash thing was never a big deal. The hot shoe worked fine and the camera lasted a while. Then one day it died completely. I got my $50 out of it I guess but in all honestly I'd never buy a camera with that defect again having seen what happened with my *ist.

Up to you, but I'd second the idea of just handing it over to someone else for a while to use till it dies. With any luck they'll get a year or so out of it but I don't think it's worth much at all now. It could just quit like my *ist did and leave someone with a dead camera.