Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-04-2011, 03:46 AM   #76
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I'd like to make another plug for viewfinder blinds - my K2 has them, and so, IIRC, did my ESII. It's such a small thing - why don't they put them in the higher-end Pentaxes now?

10-04-2011, 11:47 AM   #77
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
I'd like to make another plug for viewfinder blinds - my K2 has them, and so, IIRC, did my ESII. It's such a small thing - why don't they put them in the higher-end Pentaxes now?
Probably because of the extra space they take.
10-05-2011, 05:04 AM   #78
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Ubuntu_user Quote
Probably because of the extra space they take.
I doubt that - the two cameras aren't that different in size, and the blinds sit just in front of the eyepiece. Someone probably realized the extra cost added up to the Chairman's annual golf fees and took them out to achieve their price target.
10-05-2011, 05:17 PM   #79
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
I doubt that - the two cameras aren't that different in size, and the blinds sit just in front of the eyepiece. Someone probably realized the extra cost added up to the Chairman's annual golf fees and took them out to achieve their price target.

More to the point, someone realized that the extra cost would boost the price point of the camera too high for the projected market.

10-05-2011, 05:43 PM   #80
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
More to the point, someone realized that the extra cost would boost the price point of the camera too high for the projected market.
Hmm.. well, I wish they still put them in too.