Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-17-2007, 02:31 PM   #16

I use custom setting, with B+6 (one step from the far blue side of the quadrant). Seems to be perfect for indoors with usual lamps w/o flash. Anyway, setting custom WB in K10D is SO easy, that it's not a problem at all.

11-17-2007, 03:55 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Anyone tried the Expodisc?
I use a cheapo white plastic lens cap thing to set it (sometimes).
11-18-2007, 07:17 PM   #18

white balance

I'm a newbe to this white balance, the manual says to use white paper to set the wb. Is there a easy and cheep way or must I buy what I've seen on line? or is there another way like use the white body cap that came with the camera?
thank You:
11-19-2007, 06:48 AM   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Gale Shaffer Quote
I'm a newbe to this white balance, the manual says to use white paper to set the wb. Is there a easy and cheep way or must I buy what I've seen on line? or is there another way like use the white body cap that came with the camera?
thank You:
Forget all of that. Assuming you have a K10D, just take a photo and then select Fn use the selector to pick WB and then you will see an interactive display of your last shot that changes as you adjust the WB.

Using a sheet of paper is not the same as getting your images (skin tones, whites, etc where you want them.

11-19-2007, 08:51 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Gale Shaffer Quote
thank You:
If there's something color-neutral (white, or neutral gray) around that's being lit by the same light-source as your subject, simply use that as your target when you're setting custom WB. Then tweak slightly on the grid 'til it looks right.
11-20-2007, 12:02 PM   #21
Veteran Member

I take a test shot first ... and then adjust WB accordingly ... if i don't like the presets available. I then manual choose what I want (but that's rare though).