Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-15-2007, 11:56 AM   #1
Forum Member

built in flash does't work anymore (K100D)

hi,

I've got a problem with my ~2month old K100D.
The day before yesterday i took a walk in the local forest to take some pics. I used the flash to take a macro. After that i turned the camera off to continue my walk.

About 5minutes later I wanted to use the flash again, but the AF didn't work anymore and no matter how often i pressed the shutter button, the camera didn't take a picture (the flash didn't fire either).

Now whenever the flash is popped up, the camera doesn't function like it should, AF doesn't work and I can take no pictures. However if I leave the flash deactivated inside the body, the camera works with no problems at all.

Is there anything I could try by myself to fix the problem or do I have to send it to Pentax?
I already did a firmware update ( I thought maybe something got corrupted in the firmware, and I can fix it by erasing and reflashing the FW , but it didn't work)

thanks in advance!

p.s. sorry for my bad English

11-15-2007, 12:17 PM   #2

You might want to try a fresh set of batteries...
11-15-2007, 12:21 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It happened to me, with my *Ist D. Whenever I popped up the flash, the battery indicator would rapidly change to show a flat battery, even with a new battery, and nothing would work at all. If I popped the flash back down, it would be fine. It was out of warranty when it failed so I just sucked it up and used external flash whenever I needed flash.

There is absolutely nothing you can do to fix it, so you should send it back while its still under warranty. Hope that helps.
11-15-2007, 03:47 PM   #4
Forum Member

Original Poster
thanks for the replies.

tried several sets of batteries, rechargeables and normal aa's. batterymeter says that the battery is full when the flash is popped up...

well seems that i have to send it in then, thanks anyways