Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-16-2007, 12:43 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Random Pixel on the K10D?

Got a single pixel that pops up every 15-20 shots in the same spot???

Anyone been visited by this creature's friends?? Any reason for this apearance? Might it disapear or later be joined with a bunch of its friends? lol

thanks

11-16-2007, 12:52 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
This is normal. It's a hot/stuck pixel on your sensor. It might disappear or reappear depending on ambient temperature. And yeah, might be joined by "friends".

Some RAW conversion software can automatically map these out if you provide a (n otherwise) black frame for reference. Alternately, Pentax tells me they'll map out any stuck pixels at the firmware level under warranty (if you don't mind waiting a month or more without a camera).

I just compared Pentax to Olympus in my last post and I'll do it again -- Olympus cameras (even some of the P&S models!) have an in-camera menu option to do this. I really wish Pentax would follow suit.
11-16-2007, 06:06 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Ah ha; probably got feisty b/c I went out and it was cold; I popped back into the house and went back outside again?

thanks