Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-17-2007, 08:36 AM   #1
Veteran Member

my k100d will not auto focus,. help!!

hey guys, i just recently bought my k100d a week ago and im stoked with it! up until tonight that is.... for some bizare reason when i flick the camera onto AF it does not actually recognise that i am in AF mode.i have tryed it in every preset setting the camera has, but still no luck..it will not let me even take a picture if i have the camera in AF. i was wondering if this is a problem that others have been faced with or if i just happened to be unlucky with a faulty k100d. i reset the camera to default settings and also powered it down, but still no luck.. im a bit concerned and confused so any feedback would be greatly appreciated.,.
kev

Last edited by distorted_vision; 11-17-2007 at 02:55 PM.
11-17-2007, 09:17 AM   #2
Ole
Administrator

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You don't mention what lens you use. Most lenses do not have a switch which turns autofocus on and off.

The switch is on the camera body near the cameramount on the left side (when you hold the camera in shooting position). Check that this switch is in AF mode.
11-17-2007, 02:52 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ole Quote
You don't mention what lens you use. Most lenses do not have a switch which turns autofocus on and off.

The switch is on the camera body near the cameramount on the left side (when you hold the camera in shooting position). Check that this switch is in AF mode.
yer, thanks for that mate.. i actually meant the camera body, not the lense.. bit of a typo there..
11-17-2007, 03:02 PM   #4
SouthShoreRob

QuoteOriginally posted by distorted_vision Quote
hey guys, i just recently bought my k100d a week ago and im stoked with it! up until tonight that is.... for some bizare reason when i flick the camera onto AF it does not actually recognise that i am in AF mode.i have tryed it in every preset setting the camera has, but still no luck..it will not let me even take a picture if i have the camera in AF. i was wondering if this is a problem that others have been faced with or if i just happened to be unlucky with a faulty k100d. i reset the camera to default settings and also powered it down, but still no luck.. im a bit concerned and confused so any feedback would be greatly appreciated.,.
kev

Double check that your lens' aperature ring hasn't slid off of the A slot and into one of the pre-determined aperature settings. I just had this happen the other night and it through me for a loop for a second.

11-17-2007, 05:25 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by SouthShoreRob Quote
Double check that your lens' aperature ring hasn't slid off of the A slot and into one of the pre-determined aperature settings. I just had this happen the other night and it through me for a loop for a second.
fantastic, thanks mate!! FIXED i owe you one..