Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-17-2007, 08:36 AM   #1
Veteran Member
distorted_vision's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: melbourne, ozzland
Posts: 1,267
my k100d will not auto focus,. help!!

hey guys, i just recently bought my k100d a week ago and im stoked with it! up until tonight that is.... for some bizare reason when i flick the camera onto AF it does not actually recognise that i am in AF mode.i have tryed it in every preset setting the camera has, but still no luck..it will not let me even take a picture if i have the camera in AF. i was wondering if this is a problem that others have been faced with or if i just happened to be unlucky with a faulty k100d. i reset the camera to default settings and also powered it down, but still no luck.. im a bit concerned and confused so any feedback would be greatly appreciated.,.
kev


Last edited by distorted_vision; 11-17-2007 at 02:55 PM.
11-17-2007, 09:17 AM   #2
Ole
Administrator
Ole's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,853
You don't mention what lens you use. Most lenses do not have a switch which turns autofocus on and off.

The switch is on the camera body near the cameramount on the left side (when you hold the camera in shooting position). Check that this switch is in AF mode.
11-17-2007, 02:52 PM   #3
Veteran Member
distorted_vision's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: melbourne, ozzland
Posts: 1,267
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ole Quote
You don't mention what lens you use. Most lenses do not have a switch which turns autofocus on and off.

The switch is on the camera body near the cameramount on the left side (when you hold the camera in shooting position). Check that this switch is in AF mode.
yer, thanks for that mate.. i actually meant the camera body, not the lense.. bit of a typo there..
11-17-2007, 03:02 PM   #4
SouthShoreRob
Guest




QuoteOriginally posted by distorted_vision Quote
hey guys, i just recently bought my k100d a week ago and im stoked with it! up until tonight that is.... for some bizare reason when i flick the camera onto AF it does not actually recognise that i am in AF mode.i have tryed it in every preset setting the camera has, but still no luck..it will not let me even take a picture if i have the camera in AF. i was wondering if this is a problem that others have been faced with or if i just happened to be unlucky with a faulty k100d. i reset the camera to default settings and also powered it down, but still no luck.. im a bit concerned and confused so any feedback would be greatly appreciated.,.
kev

Double check that your lens' aperature ring hasn't slid off of the A slot and into one of the pre-determined aperature settings. I just had this happen the other night and it through me for a loop for a second.

11-17-2007, 05:25 PM   #5
Veteran Member
distorted_vision's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: melbourne, ozzland
Posts: 1,267
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by SouthShoreRob Quote
Double check that your lens' aperature ring hasn't slid off of the A slot and into one of the pre-determined aperature settings. I just had this happen the other night and it through me for a loop for a second.
fantastic, thanks mate!! FIXED i owe you one..
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
af, camera, dslr, im, k100d, photography
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
10 Reasons why manual focus primes are better than those new auto focus zoom lenses JoepLX3 Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 188 07-25-2012 03:28 PM
IS there Auto Focus assist in Auto with the Metz 58? madman6767 Pentax DSLR Discussion 5 01-26-2009 06:27 AM
Auto focus seems slow, off focus after repair voicelit Pentax DSLR Discussion 0 10-14-2008 11:15 PM
K100D Auto Focus does not work when Flash is on ericmjl Pentax DSLR Discussion 0 10-08-2007 10:31 PM
quick auto focus k100d Dave21 Pentax DSLR Discussion 30 08-13-2007 11:05 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:28 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top