Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-02-2011, 02:24 PM   #16
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Mike Cash Quote
Do you think maybe Ricoh will install as head of Pentax USA someone who doesn't wax poetic about his Leica?
He was waxing Poetic about Ricoh yesterday.

07-02-2011, 02:50 PM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mike Cash Quote
Do you think maybe Ricoh will install as head of Pentax USA someone who doesn't wax poetic about his Leica?
This is such a silly complaint.
07-02-2011, 03:27 PM   #18
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by deadwolfbones Quote
I don't have an issue with Ned and his Leica but it was some fun to harrainge him a bit. If I caught the ceo of Coke drinking Pepsi, I'd get some mileage out of it.
07-02-2011, 03:32 PM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
I don't have an issue with Ned and his Leica but it was some fun to harrainge him a bit. If I caught the ceo of Coke drinking Pepsi, I'd get some mileage out of it.
Or he might get fired, check this out.

07-02-2011, 03:39 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by deadwolfbones Quote
It wasn't a complaint; it was a question. An idle musing. A callback to silly discussions of the past.

Unless you think I changed my thoughts on it from two and half years ago.
07-02-2011, 03:51 PM   #21
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dgaies Quote
Or he might get fired, check this out.

Hysterical

07-03-2011, 07:30 AM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yes, Ricoh makes some good office machines but customer service (unless you know a sales rep) is non-exsistant. They do not keep drivers currant so after a year or two your laser printer becomes useless.

07-03-2011, 08:32 AM   #23
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ahab Quote
They do not keep drivers currant so after a year or two your laser printer becomes useless.
Unless you use Gutenprint.
07-03-2011, 10:21 AM   #24
Forum Member

how about k 300d?
07-03-2011, 10:47 AM   #25
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

What Ricoh brings to the table is finances. Ricoh has quite a bit more $$$ than Hoya ever did, and assuming they don't transform Pentax into some unrecognizable monstrosity and abandon the K-mount (which they'd be foolish to do, and it looks like they won't be doing that anyway thank goodness), they could breathe new life into Pentax and really help enhance its product offerings ("K-3"/"K-30"? some new K-mount lenses? K-mount EVIL? etc).
07-03-2011, 11:02 AM   #26
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by WillWeaverRVA Quote
What Ricoh brings to the table is finances. Ricoh has quite a bit more $$$ than Hoya ever did, and assuming they don't transform Pentax into some unrecognizable monstrosity and abandon the K-mount (which they'd be foolish to do, and it looks like they won't be doing that anyway thank goodness), they could breathe new life into Pentax and really help enhance its product offerings ("K-3"/"K-30"? some new K-mount lenses? K-mount EVIL? etc).

They do and they also spend a lot of money.

Global 500 2010: Global 500 401-500 - FORTUNE on CNNMoney.com

The acquisition of Pentax alone will equal nearly half the profit margin from 2010. Then of course they will have to have operating capital. At this point it is unclear if the Philippine factory or the Vietnam factory are included etc. The good news is that Ricoh is a Global 500 company at 402 in 2010. Samsung, Sony and Fuji have been discussed in various threads and Apple and Canon are there for reference. Nikon nor Hoya appear in the 500.

QuoteQuote:

32 Samsung Electronics 108,927 (revenue in millions) 7,562(profit in millions)

69 Sony 77,696 (revenue in millions) -439(profit in millions)

197 Apple 36,537(revenue in millions) 5,704(profit in millions)

216 Canon 34,292 (revenue in millions) 1,407(profit in millions)

359 Fujifilm Holdings 23,497 (revenue in millions) -414(profit in millions)

402 Ricoh 21,716 (revenue in millions) 300 (profit in millions)
07-03-2011, 11:03 AM   #27
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pentax user Quote
how about k 300d?
Right after the K-2d full frame and aps-c k mount module with the sensor from the K-5 for the GXR.
07-03-2011, 12:23 PM   #28
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
Right after the K-2d full frame and aps-c k mount module with the sensor from the K-5 for the GXR.

I don't know if you were joking, but a k-mount GXR is a contradiction in terms. The k-mount is, by definition, an interchangeable lens system. The GXR is, by definition, an interchangeable lens/sensor module system. There is no way that they would ever make a GXR module that would accept k-mount lenses.

They claim that the reason for the GXR being the way it is, is that the sensor and lens can be a matched set and give better results than an interchangeable lens system can. I don't know if this is true or not, but putting a k-mount on it would mean it was no longer a GXR.
07-03-2011, 12:56 PM   #29
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by noblepa Quote
...putting a k-mount on it would mean it was no longer a GXR.
GX-PK then?

Could the GX platform even support a PK lens?

I am doubtful.
07-03-2011, 02:29 PM   #30
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by noblepa Quote
I don't know if you were joking, but a k-mount GXR is a contradiction in terms. The k-mount is, by definition, an interchangeable lens system. The GXR is, by definition, an interchangeable lens/sensor module system. There is no way that they would ever make a GXR module that would accept k-mount lenses.

They claim that the reason for the GXR being the way it is, is that the sensor and lens can be a matched set and give better results than an interchangeable lens system can. I don't know if this is true or not, but putting a k-mount on it would mean it was no longer a GXR.

QuoteOriginally posted by RioRico Quote
GX-PK then?

Could the GX platform even support a PK lens?

I am doubtful.
Think module with aps-c sensor that would allow use of da ltd lens. Go look at the macro module for the gxr. It is no more a contradiction than the nx system. This would address the lake of a mirrorless aps-c system for those that have been expressing an interest in one and it would allow me to replace my e-p1 P&S with a system that would allow me to use my DA LTD lenses with af and not just mf. So no, in this particular case, I am not joking and yes it is possible.

Edit: Take a look at the aps-c module with an aps-c sensor and integrated macro 33/2.5 macro lens.

With a K-module, you would have the sensor from the K-5 and the ability to use the DA 35 ltd macro, DA 21 ltd, DA 40 ltd, DA 70 ltd ect.

Product Review: Ricoh GXR With Macro Lens/APS Module from Adorama Learning Center