Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-08-2011, 08:42 AM   #16

QuoteOriginally posted by Squier Quote
Fuel 6 + per gallon
wow!!!!!

07-08-2011, 04:20 PM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Squier, I love the relative lack of shutter noise in the K-7. Now if I could just afford an SDM lens for AF shots all the wildlife would approve I'm sure. Damn screw-drive could wake the dead!

I've noticed my bird shots getting better. Whether it's due to improved technique or more experience, I cannot say. But having that quieter shutter in the K-7 makes for a more relaxing outing in any event.

I gonna steer clear on the monetary subject. Suffice it to say my disposable income is nowhere near K-5 territory, so all prices are too high, including gas! Oh, and I can only work in U$ I don't mind some of the other proper English stuff you've sent over the pond - it allows me to say that your original post's text was "spot on" without sounding pretentious.
07-08-2011, 05:37 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Good to hear from a Bird Photographer using the K-7, JA

I think you guys have pretty much steered me where i " thought " i wanted go but wasnt quite sure. I'll sacrifice the extreme ISO handling for better ergonomics, 2 extra MP's, Pentaprism, 100% VF, twin wheels and so on.

PS we've sent some rubbish over the pond too, surely ?
07-08-2011, 08:57 PM   #19
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jamarley Quote
Now if I could just afford an SDM lens for AF shots all the wildlife would approve I'm sure. Damn screw-drive could wake the dead!
with my Sigma 100-300mm f/4 APO EX DG the screw drive AF is so fast that the noise it generates is inconsequential.

07-11-2011, 03:43 AM   #20

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Can't help to show....

was driving along on a rough farm road this weekend, looking for dams to fish when there was an abundance of yellow birds ahead.....stopped, grabbed the bag, unzipped, changed lenses on the K-7 and got these shots.

K-7 best cam I've ever experienced and even at ISO 3200 stiil happy and impressed.
Thks
G
Ps the 2 at the top are Cape Weavers and the bottom one is a Cape canary.
Got the K-7 to stop the wife pumping me in the ribs at concerts with the K10's noisy shutter - and it certainly did the trick!
Attached Images

Last edited by georgecape; 07-11-2011 at 03:49 AM.