Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-28-2011, 09:22 PM   #16
Forum Member

How does the visible dust brush compare to the pentax cleaning kit? If I were getting just one, which would it be? Is it a better idea to have both?

09-29-2011, 05:59 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RickyFromVegas Quote
I suffered from dust issues as well. No amount of air would get that dust off for some reason.

I didn't want to spend more money on those specialty brush, so I used LensPen's brush (I thoroughly cleaned the brush with water, used compressed air to rid of any possible dust on the brush, and gently swiped the sensor with it once it dried completely.

Dust is gone!

I don't often clean my sensor with a dangerous method. But when I do, I do it dangerously.
I've used the lens pen and the Visible Dust system. The Lens Pen gets it sometimes. I haven't washed it with water, but anything it contributes seems to come off easily with some air. Some of the spots in the Kx sensor just won't budge without the liquids, though.

Yes, there is some degree of danger, but at some point, the dirt just isn't tolerable.

Again, oddly, I have never had to use anything but air with the K10d or the K20d.