Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-20-2007, 12:49 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Wireless K10d

Has anyone found a way off using the video outlet on the K10d to send images to a pc wirelessly? I would appreciate your comments

Bob

11-20-2007, 03:08 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
There's several products out there that use bluetooth or other wireless protocols to make "wireless usb cables". Haven't tried 'em, but that might work.
11-21-2007, 10:57 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
I have tried a item called Dazzle which has a phono with a usb that goes into the computer and a separate Transmitter & Receiver. The idea was to connect a receiver into the phono of the Dazzle and connect the camera to the transmitter.

Just to check all was working alright I first connected the TV connector that came with the camera to the Dazzle but I could'nt get a image to the pc.

other alternitives could be ethernet, firewall and as been mentioned bluetooth or maybe Pentax will invent something for it!

best regards for now

Bobartex
11-21-2007, 11:03 AM   #4

Reach?

Does any body know how far the reach is on those little remotes.
Mine is only 5 feet.

Mike

11-21-2007, 11:06 AM   #5

Sorry to get off suject.

Mike
11-21-2007, 11:45 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by bobartex Quote
Has anyone found a way off using the video outlet on the K10d to send images to a pc wirelessly? I would appreciate your comments
I'm content using a USB 2 reader and feel that it's likely to be more reliable. But the Wall Street Journal today had an article by Walt Mossberg about the Eye-Fi card that sounds intriguing. This is an SD card that has wi-fi capability built in. I'm old enough to find this nearly miraculous, but tech savvy enough to know it's uncool to look awed. Anyway, here's the link:

Eye-Fi Home

Of course, this is a little bit like the little boy's solution to the truck stuck under the bridge. Everybody else is looking for a solution somewhere between the top of the truck and the bridge, and the little boy suggests letting the air out of the tires. Perhaps not what you were looking for, but might work anyway.

Hmm, just Googled "mossberg eye-fi" and this seems to be the article I read in the paper edition earlier today:

The Mossberg Solution | Katherine Boehret | AllThingsD

Looks like it's not written by WM but by one of his able assistants.

Will
12-30-2007, 04:54 AM   #7
Inactive Account

Original Poster
thanks for that, I might hang on for the Raw version!

Bobartex
12-30-2007, 05:14 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Is it really that big a hassle? It's a waste of money to get something a lot slower and barely any more convenient (don't forget most wireless devices have to find recipients first).

The transfer speed will be likely slower too because bluetooth is bloody slow and 801.11g never reaches 108Mbps (or 13.5MBps - signifcantly slower than a Sandisk Extreme III will read).

12-30-2007, 05:22 AM   #9
Inactive Account

Original Poster
If you want to do event photography on the cheap then yes its worth the hassle or how about a shoot with the customer there.

I could have gone down the Canon or Nikon root & paid for the privliged.

bobartex