Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-24-2011, 11:04 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Frogfish Quote
WR is over rated unless you live in a region that suffers high rainfall or spend lots of time living in the bush. A Kx or preferably Kr - no brainer really for any beginner (or even intermediate) - for the high ISO capability and especially suitable for a lady who may not want a large, heavier body (well no lady does, and I'm not referring to yours either) !
Perhaps you would have a different opinion if you owned a K-x paperweight. The lens is fine though.

I weighed the pros and cons of each and decided I could live with 2 fewer MP's, about 1 stop difference in ISO and no video. The body difference is neglible. And I saved about 100 dollars. But everybody has their own preferences. If it was me (and my theoretical wife) I would prefer a slightly different camera. You won't always take both cameras so you can use one for outdoorsy activities and one for lower light or if you might want to take a video.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
body, camera, dslr, k-7, k-x, k10d, k20d, lenses, money, photography, share