Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-24-2011, 02:37 PM   #1
Banned

Photos: Gallery
Camerabody cover skins

I just found this one, and maybe that is old news to everyone.

Home | Discovered

It is only in Canon and Nikon at the time. It is a Dutch company and I maild them about possabillity's. Any thoughts about this for either K-5, K-r or 645D?

Greetings Ron.

Last edited by RonHendriks1966; 07-24-2011 at 02:47 PM.
07-24-2011, 02:51 PM   #2
Veteran Member

A similar product is the LensCoat BodyGuard which costs about USD$40.:

I looked into the LensCoat item in order to (a) muffle the shutter noise of my K-x and (b) provide some weather-resistance to the K-x. Haven't bought one yet though.
07-25-2011, 04:42 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Seems like these would be bad for video. Don't you think these would tend to trap heat inside the camera?
07-25-2011, 06:12 AM   #4
Banned

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gp1806 Quote
Seems like these would be bad for video. Don't you think these would tend to trap heat inside the camera?
No idea, but it the one I found is rubber so that would transfer heat and the other is canvas and does that also.

07-25-2011, 07:18 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Seems quite similar to 'camera armour' ...

As far as I've seen there is none available for the current Pentax line-up... Maybe if Ricoh spend some cash on advertising and Pentax sell more units 3rd party accessorary makers will make these for our cameras too...
07-25-2011, 07:20 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
No idea, but it the one I found is rubber so that would transfer heat and the other is canvas and does that also.
I wasn't aware rubber was heat-conducting.
07-25-2011, 07:45 AM   #7
Veteran Member

I camera armor for my K20D and took it off after a few weeks. It was difficult to open the SD card door and attracted dust like crazy. It was only $10 USD so no major loss.

07-25-2011, 05:25 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Looking at that first picture, it looks like it would be more trouble to use the wheel because of all of the rubber surrounding it.
07-27-2011, 02:01 AM   #9

Me, too

I've bought Camera Armor at a sellout price for my K10d. It's not perfect - the wheel problem is there and it needs to be fiddled into exactly the right position to clear doors and so on. In rough conditions, though, it's better than naked and unprotected!
07-27-2011, 02:07 AM   #10
Pentaxian

+1 for Camera armour - at sellout price $2.50 for K20D - use it all the time- I am in very dusty gritty conditions and no issue really - I have long fingers so extra grip is great - just cut the rubber away if it is too close to doors - non issue.
07-27-2011, 02:37 AM   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Arjay Bee Quote
+1 for Camera armour - at sellout price $2.50 for K20D - use it all the time- I am in very dusty gritty conditions and no issue really - I have long fingers so extra grip is great - just cut the rubber away if it is too close to doors - non issue.
Where did you find it? I cannot find such on ebay.
07-27-2011, 05:29 AM   #12
Banned

Original Poster
Lenscover for Pentax with at least 1.000 pieces.

I had a message from the producer of the rubber cover:

Dag Ron,

Wij zijn producent en bepalen welke modellen er gemaakt worden.

Het is zeker mogelijk om een case te maken voor de Pentax. Voorwaarde is dat wij hoeveelheden kunnen draaien. Dat betekent dat je er zeker 1000 - 1500 moet afnemen. Dan gaan we binnen ons netwerk uitzoeken of er meer interesse is.
Vooralsnog maken we alleen easyCovers voor de modellen van Canon en Nikon.

Zou dit een optie zijn?

Groet, Edwin

So they make these things themselves. That makes it possible to make them also for Pentax as long as sales numbers are high enough. Now I think 1.000 would be possible to sell in a long time, but investing in it is a bit of a trouble.

Anyone ideas about this?
07-27-2011, 04:53 PM   #13
Pentaxian

QuoteQuote:
Where did you find it? I cannot find such on ebay
It was a runout sale so they may have now run out - They were on e-bay but it was Cameta Camera's sale so try approaching them direct. Good luck. Saw the same boxed product at a shop here in Australia for a Nikon DSLR - $95 - not worth that price.

Box also contains a plastic LCD cover - but makes seeing screen very difficult - tried for a week or so but didn't persist - scratches up easier than the LCD does. Also has a push on lens hood but is only suited to a very wide angle lens and lens diameter needs to be 54mm or wider to grip on - I use a lot of 49mm front thread lenses and it just is too sloppy so I don't use that either.
07-28-2011, 11:14 AM   #14
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
I had a message from the producer of the rubber cover:

Dag Ron,

Wij zijn producent en bepalen welke modellen er gemaakt worden.

Het is zeker mogelijk om een case te maken voor de Pentax. Voorwaarde is dat wij hoeveelheden kunnen draaien. Dat betekent dat je er zeker 1000 - 1500 moet afnemen. Dan gaan we binnen ons netwerk uitzoeken of er meer interesse is.
Vooralsnog maken we alleen easyCovers voor de modellen van Canon en Nikon.

Zou dit een optie zijn?

Groet, Edwin

So they make these things themselves. That makes it possible to make them also for Pentax as long as sales numbers are high enough. Now I think 1.000 would be possible to sell in a long time, but investing in it is a bit of a trouble.

Anyone ideas about this?

Did he quote you for 1000 units?

I would consider spending septembers student loan if a decent return could be made...
I think this kind of product would really suit non-WR cameras such as K-x/K-r and would sell easily on ebay...
07-28-2011, 11:53 AM   #15
Banned

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by DaveHolmes Quote
Did he quote you for 1000 units?

I would consider spending septembers student loan if a decent return could be made...
I think this kind of product would really suit non-WR cameras such as K-x/K-r and would sell easily on ebay...
Yes at least 1.000 units. I didn't ask for a starterprice on it yet. You think it is interesting?