Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-24-2011, 04:30 PM   #1
Forum Member

warranty effect of autofocus debug & focusing screen change

A general question regarding Pentax DSLRs that don't have "official" autofocus adjustments and interchangeable focusing screens: Does using debug to adjust focus, or installing a different focusing screen (Katz Eye or whatever) void the camera warranty? If one were to put the camera back to its factory condition, would anyone (such as CRIS or Pentax) ever know or care (for example, do debug adjustments leave a trail)? Thanks much for any insight.

Last edited by Lititz; 07-24-2011 at 04:31 PM. Reason: grammar correction
07-25-2011, 08:53 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I don't know if poking around in the debug menu leaves a trail that will void your warranty. I certainly think it would if you Left it there. I doubt changing the focus screen will affect the warranty but I doubt you would be covered if you flubbed it somehow.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
adjustments, autofocus, camera, debug, dslr, pentax, photography, screen, warranty