Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-02-2011, 11:59 AM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Eagle_Friends Quote
probably won't come into fruit, but this is what i want to see from pentax in the next 6 months.

K-r replacement with the Sony 16mp sensor

K5 replacement with the new Sony 24mp sensor

but more importantly, a mirrorless rangefinder type camera with an apsc 16mp sensor similar to a leica m9's full frame 18mp sensor. It should be around 1.5 to 2k for body and be compatible with all K mount lenses. Something like that paired with the FA and the DA Limited prime would be a monster and position themselves as a cheaper competitor to Leica.

Now everyone who can't afford an Leica has a more affordable alternative that if paired with the right lenses (FA 31, 43, 77 anyone?) would be a bargain in the rangefinder market.
I could really get excited about the Leica-like idea where I could use my lenses....

08-02-2011, 12:14 PM   #32
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
And Canon is going to kill the APS-H line.
Ron, where does this come from? Any links?
08-02-2011, 12:26 PM   #33
Banned

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Raffwal Quote
Ron, where does this come from? Any links?
It's all over canonrumors that Canon did/will make a choice on APS-c and full frame for their next generation of camera's. We will see this in spring 2012.
08-02-2011, 12:28 PM   #34
Banned

Thinking of the time that Canon camera's are in production. Will Pentax come with a top of the line camera in APS-C next year that will be in production for more then 2 years?

08-02-2011, 12:32 PM   #35
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by GDRoth Quote
I could really get excited about the Leica-like idea where I could use my lenses....
So could I but the nature of rangefinder focusing mechanisms is not compatible with the way K mount lenses focus. Now if it implemented an OLED VF/OVF along the lines of the Fuji it theoretically could be managed but would be better with Kaf lenses. Personally i don't see Pentax adopting that form as they never made an RF when they were popular and in fact were largely responsible for the decline of the RF.
But then you never know (though I wouldn't hold my breath)
The GXR at least offers an m mount mountor this fall which can be adapted to LTM easily (and for that matter almost any other mount based on registration distance)
08-02-2011, 12:35 PM   #36
Veteran Member

It's all over canonrumors that Canon did/will make a choice on APS-c and full frame for their next generation of camera's. We will see this in spring 2012.
it actually makes sens to dump it, it originated as FF was too costly to manufacture at the time. that doesn't appear to be a big issue for Canon any longer. splitting the line into pro and amateur along FF and APS-c lines makes sense (7d being the top amateur enthusiast camera or a second/backup camera for entry level pros followed by 2-3 FF offerings maybe an entry w/o Video for instance)
08-02-2011, 12:47 PM   #37
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
maybe an entry w/o Video for instance)
This would be actually the big difference between 1D and 1Ds since there are more and more troubles on sportsevents on the issue with filming by photographers who only have permission to make stills since the rights for video has been sold for big money to network company's.

08-04-2011, 08:20 AM   #38
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Thinking of the time that Canon camera's are in production. Will Pentax come with a top of the line camera in APS-C next year that will be in production for more then 2 years?
Doubtful just because technology is changing so ridiculously fast...doesn't mean you have to upgrade if you're happy w/ what you have. I still have my K20D as well...will get the K-5 successor if they add better manual video controls because I've been itching to try DSLR video but I'm not sure you can get the bokeh of FF w/ APS-C video bodies...
08-05-2011, 03:44 AM   #39

Location: Grahamstown in the Eastern Cape province of South Africa
Leica, now those are good cameras, old school all the way except for digital storage and shooting modes. M9 is only 18mp. Wish Pentax would bring out something around 18 to 24 mp in FF or APC