Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-23-2007, 09:54 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Off Camera Flash With K10D

I have what I consider a good off camera flash. It is an "Image TB/100". I think this flash was also sold under other brand names as well. It has both primary and secondary flashes and can be set so that the main flash fires or the secondary or both. I used to use it on my Pentax Super Program. I have the adaptor that fits on top of the K10D flash (hot shoe connector) that allows me to connect my flash cord to the K10D.

My flash has a number of differennt power settings, slides for F stop calculations based on distance and ISO settings etc. My question is do I set my K10D on "flash" to use this or do I set it on something else. I have to manually set all the functions levels on the flash and I would not use the on camera flash at the same time. In addition to my previous question, what program would you suggest when I use my flash?......manual, Tav etc. Thanks for the assistance.

11-24-2007, 06:21 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Have no idea what type of flash this is. Is it a shoe mount or some kind of studio flash? If you are using a sync cord the Pentax flash will not have to fire. You will merely have to to set shutter speed under 180th second. The camera should be set to manual exposure. You do need to be sure the flash sync voltage isn't over 25 volts. Many older flashes are. Film cameras didn't care. It could fry the digital. Wein makes an optical isolator to fix this problem. Hope this helps
thanks
barondla