Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-30-2011, 02:51 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
K10 auto focus debug mode questions

I just bought a new Tamron 17-50mm f2.8 lens from B&H Photo and it appears to have back focus issues. I also recently upgraded the firmware for my K10 to ver. 1.31. So my questions are can I fix my issue with the back focus with the debug mode using 1.31 ver. firmware? Also, is the debug mode fix lens specific?

If the debug mode fix is not lens specific I just might send the entire lens back. Or maybe I will try the debug mode fix and see if it effects my other lenses. I can always set it back to zero right??

07-30-2011, 03:01 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mr tibbs Quote
I just bought a new Tamron 17-50mm f2.8 lens from B&H Photo and it appears to have back focus issues. I also recently upgraded the firmware for my K10 to ver. 1.31. So my questions are can I fix my issue with the back focus with the debug mode using 1.31 ver. firmware? Also, is the debug mode fix lens specific?

If the debug mode fix is not lens specific I just might send the entire lens back. Or maybe I will try the debug mode fix and see if it effects my other lenses. I can always set it back to zero right??
The debug will definitely affect your other lenses, IF they work before doing the adjustment. The problem you have though is I don't think there is any way published (could be wrong about this) to get in to the debug menu from v1.31. That entire project seems to have been abandoned.

Some send their lenses (and the camera) to the manufacturer to have the lens calibrated to the body. I believe, for a fee, Pentax will also calibrate the body to the lens but I believe that is for pentax lenses only.