Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-24-2007, 02:12 AM   #1

K10D pophoto Camera of the year Nominee

Camera of the Year 2007 - - PopPhotoNovember 2007

it is going against.

Canon 40D
Fujifilm S5 Pro
Panasonic L10

Popular Photography & Imaging's Camera of the Year.
The camera that best refined or redefined photography in 2007.

So with a phalanx of new DSLRs still to be tested in the field and the Pop Photo Lab, we are proud to present the Finalists -- those cameras that have already proven their mettle and those that appear to have the makings of greatness.

But, of course, only the Pop Photo Lab, real-world shooting, and the experience and expertise of our editors can sort it all out.

Im picking K10D to be the winner obviously!

11-24-2007, 02:42 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by dancel Quote
Camera of the Year 2007 - - PopPhotoNovember 2007

it is going against.

Canon 40D
Fujifilm S5 Pro
Panasonic L10

Popular Photography & Imaging's Camera of the Year.
The camera that best refined or redefined photography in 2007.

So with a phalanx of new DSLRs still to be tested in the field and the Pop Photo Lab, we are proud to present the Finalists -- those cameras that have already proven their mettle and those that appear to have the makings of greatness.

But, of course, only the Pop Photo Lab, real-world shooting, and the experience and expertise of our editors can sort it all out.

Im picking K10D to be the winner obviously!
Would be nice but not a chance!

There are still 4 more DSLRs to pick.

They are going to add to the list D300 and A700 at the very least (although the D300 was not available until last week and is really more a 2008 model) and presumably Oly E510.

The last spot could be for... well, don't know... any ideas? It would be a bit of a push to consider E3 as a 2007 model... K100D super?... 1DMkIII? ...?

I love my K10, but against D300 and 40D... there are a lot of reasons (many not technical) why I would be very surprised if they picked the K10
11-24-2007, 02:53 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by lol101 Quote
Would be nice but not a chance!

There are still 4 more DSLRs to pick.

They are going to add to the list D300 and A700 at the very least (although the D300 was not available until last week and is really more a 2008 model) and presumably Oly E510.

The last spot could be for... well, don't know... any ideas? It would be a bit of a push to consider E3 as a 2007 model... K100D super?... 1DMkIII? ...?

I love my K10, but against D300 and 40D... there are a lot of reasons (many not technical) why I would be very surprised if they picked the K10

Well i think K10D will still be a in a good spot... because for the fact it says refined and redefined the photography world.

what does all the cameras have that are really mind blowing not only for price and features.

I think K10D redefined SLR's in 2007 the other brands has minor upgrades.

new exposure options/ weather sealed body (it actually has more seals than the Canon 1D) and etc.

K10D gave you a pro experience for a good price, let alone it already has won all the major photographic awards this year. its proven already! but even if it doesnt win this one. Its still gonna be the camera of the year for 2007 because of its awards.
11-24-2007, 07:44 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It's already won the Editor's choice for Advanced DSLR's for 2007.

Editor's Choice 2007 - - PopPhotoJuly/August 2007

It's no surprise to us owners really........