Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-02-2011, 06:49 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RioRico Quote
We learn good judgment from our experiences. We gain experience by making bad judgments.
Footnote: Experience is recognizing the same mistake the second time you make it

08-08-2011, 07:06 PM   #17

Photos: Gallery | Albums
While I haven't (yet) taken a bunch of pictures without a card in the camera, I will admit to having taken a bunch of pictures on film where the film wasn't threaded correctly and not being advanced with each throw of the advance lever....
08-09-2011, 04:01 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ManOf7 Quote
I didn't even do one review in the field.
There you go.
08-09-2011, 06:34 PM   #19
Pentaxian

This should be an option in firmware. It's crazy that there is an option to prevent the shutter going off if the flash isn't ready, yet no option to prevent it if there is no card in the camera. I too have been burnt by this, although I did realise after just a few shots.

08-09-2011, 09:18 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
My Kx says there is no card inserted on the LCD. I didn't turn on any setting to get it to say that. The dashes on the counter should be a dead giveaway.
08-10-2011, 06:38 AM   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by CP140 Quote
While I haven't (yet) taken a bunch of pictures without a card in the camera, I will admit to having taken a bunch of pictures on film where the film wasn't threaded correctly and not being advanced with each throw of the advance lever....
We are not so different, then, you and I.

Last edited by RioRico; 08-10-2011 at 07:21 AM.
08-10-2011, 01:48 PM   #22
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
If it's any help, I always have this little routine of powering up the camera and firing a wee burst of shots and checking via the screen to see all is well.

I do this every time I power up. It only takes a few seconds to do, but shows up any strange exposure settings left over from the last use, a card missing or failures etc.

It's a bit like WW1 & WW2 Pilots testing their guns, I don't want to miss a shot either.