Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

View Poll Results: Will there be a Pentax Full Frame camera on PhotoKina 2012?
YES 6625.78%
NO 19074.22%
Voters: 256. You may not vote on this poll

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-22-2011, 09:53 AM   #136
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Emacs Quote
Serious stuff doesn't go to the Pentax
That isn't a Pentax niche
Actually, the Nikon stays at the lab and I take my Pentax K200d and K20d, D FA 100 WR and DA* 300mm out on a weekly basis. I keep them in a yellow Pelican case in case the boat (or canoe) gets turned over for floatation and visiblity.

Furthermore, I also do some event photography for my college and dept and frequently use the DA 21 ltd, DA 35 ltd, FA 50, FA 77mm ltd and in the past the Sigma 105mm EX DG (I recently replaced it with the DFA WR).

My lab has a nice af Nikkor 105 macro that is quite good but I prefer my gear. I even use it on my state of the art Olympus microscope and Leica stereoscopes.

I guess it depends on what your definition of serious is. I guess if I used the canon d7 I could always use it to beat a gator in the head.

The only Niche I give a flip about are the one's I am currently studying on a spring fed river.

08-22-2011, 09:54 AM   #137
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Serious stuff doesn't go to the Pentax
That isn't a Pentax niche
With customers like you, Pentax doesn't need enemies. I bet you tried to buy canikon and the vendor refused you. Dude, you are extremely negative. I've seen so many negative posts from you, you need to get out and shoot.

Fact is, Pentax has a legacy name. Fact is, their new owner has VERY deep pockets and is itching to get into professional camera's and itching to expand their camera range. 1+1=2 No need for negativity at all.
08-22-2011, 10:26 AM   #138
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by aurele Quote
AH AH AH, so, why do you have a K5 then ? you know, the grass always look greener elsewhere.

+1
He will just keep moaning until pentax coms out with a FF camera. Anything Pentax does in his mind is not good if it is not FF. So he might moan till the day he gives his last breath
08-22-2011, 10:28 AM   #139
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Asahiflex Quote
I have never seen photoreporters with 250 exposure backs

I agree except for this I know a few guys who shot with them (mostly sports guys, they are great when you are stationary/tripod bound
can't imagine being a war correspondent dealing with one though

08-22-2011, 10:31 AM   #140
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Macario Quote
He will just keep moaning until pentax coms out with a FF camera. Anything Pentax does in his mind is not good if it is not FF. So he might moan till the day he gives his last breath

Not exactly. I will bitch for 21mm lens in the size of 31Ltd after the FF, cause I don't like carrying huge Zeiss, but still will need for the 15Ltd replacement
08-22-2011, 10:56 AM   #141
Site Supporter

Mine is turned off all the time, because it manages to cause blur even at 1/320
I don't really believe it. This has been tested in depth by a couple of users and found that it is helpful at all focal lengths and shutter speeds (K7 had a little bit less effectiveness in 1/60 second range).

In body SR is one of the biggest reasons why people go with Pentax and if this were not available, I really don't see any particular reason to go with Pentax over the other players in the market.
08-22-2011, 11:15 AM   #142
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
In body SR is one of the biggest reasons why people go with Pentax and if this were not available, I really don't see any particular reason to go with Pentax over the other players in the market.
I had K-m with all FA Ltds + 15Ltd + Fish eye before I bought K-5.
And yes, my copy is buggy as hell: SR is defective as described, couple of cross AF points always front focusing (others are OK), sensor stains
So, I stopped buying modern pentax stuff after that.
08-22-2011, 11:48 AM   #143
Loyal Site Supporter

Has there been Modern Pentax stuff after the K5? Did I miss something

08-22-2011, 11:54 AM   #144
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
Has there been Modern Pentax stuff after the K5? Did I miss something
I needed P-TTL flash, for example. I bought Metz.
08-22-2011, 12:05 PM   #145
Pentaxian

You could have bought Pentax
08-22-2011, 12:21 PM   #146
Veteran Member

You could have bought Pentax
He couldn't raise the 125,000,000$ needed for that
08-22-2011, 12:31 PM   #147
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by TaoMaas Quote
What makes you think Pentax would go back and re-introduce past lenses? Have they ever done this in the past?
QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
DA*200mm/f2.8 is just a new version of old design.
FA 35mm f/2 => DA 35mm f/2.4
08-22-2011, 01:44 PM   #148
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Asahiflex Quote
Also, I think changing a battery is much less a nuisance than changing a roll of 35mm film. So how did the pro's pre-2000 cope with that problem? I have never seen photoreporters with 250 exposure backs
Well time have changed. I think that tomorrow (almost) every newspaper around the world will print some pictures that where taken today in Libya. When you walk around with a pro camera you can work for some days and take a few thousend pictures. With K-5, not spending to much time on little energyconsuming things like liveview or looking back at pictures you can take in jpg 3.000 pictures on a single battery. Those little evils hold on for a few hours and maybe 300 pictures. Where in Libya are you stopping for a recharge today?
08-22-2011, 01:51 PM   #149
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
Well time have changed. I think that tomorrow (almost) every newspaper around the world will print some pictures that where taken today in Libya. When you walk around with a pro camera you can work for some days and take a few thousend pictures. With K-5, not spending to much time on little energyconsuming things like liveview or looking back at pictures you can take in jpg 3.000 pictures on a single battery. Those little evils hold on for a few hours and maybe 300 pictures. Where in Libya are you stopping for a recharge today?
you are so wrong, most pics printed in the papers will probably be made with I-phones
08-22-2011, 02:59 PM   #150
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
And yes, my copy is buggy as hell: SR is defective as described, couple of cross AF points always front focusing (others are OK), sensor stains
That's why Warranty exist.

No need to buy again when you have warranty.

QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
I've seen so many negative posts from you, you need to get out and shoot.
You got the point. no more to say.

you are so wrong, most pics printed in the papers will probably be made with I-phones
In real newspaper ... hum ... Nop ! most of the picture you see in news paper where done with a P&S or DSLR (or Evil), because it need a great possibility to crop. You always can do it with an I-Photo, but not in Raw.