Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

View Poll Results: Will there be a Pentax Full Frame camera on PhotoKina 2012?
YES 6625.78%
NO 19074.22%
Voters: 256. You may not vote on this poll

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-03-2011, 09:55 AM   #286
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
that probably needs some clarification. Pentax USA needs to get a marketing and sales department
Many of the other Pentax divisions need to beef up the marketing departments but from an outsiders POV the US division seems almost non existent (aside from Ned who seems to be a one man marketing department )

11-03-2011, 11:16 AM   #287
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
that probably needs some clarification. Pentax USA needs to get a marketing and sales department
Many of the other Pentax divisions need to beef up the marketing departments but from an outsiders POV the US division seems almost non existent (aside from Ned who seems to be a one man marketing department )
You're right. It's Pentax USA that needs to improve. Pentax seems to be a lot more competitive in the rest of the world, compared to the U.S. I can understand Pentax not being in the big discount stores, but if a company is serious about selling cameras, there's no excuse for not having a presence in those stores which are devoted exclusively to cameras and photography. Heck, I've shot Pentax for several decades, but since I don't subscribe to any photography magazines anymore, if it weren't for this board, I'd have no clue about any new Pentax products.
11-03-2011, 11:36 AM   #288
Veteran Member

In the last year i've been in Barcelona, London and Paris and of course Toronto. in all cities i've seen Pretty good representation of Pentax (not great but pretty good). What i haven't seen is good placement in the shop or support for lenses in a big way, and advertising seems non existent. I've heard that has changed a bit in Paris but didn't see it myself last year.
Ricoh had some presence in Europe though in a smaller way, you can't even buy them in Canada. that''s the one thing that concerns me actually, but the point of the Pentax purchase seems to be to get the division big enough to start supporting the needed infrastructure to start grwoing the business.