Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-25-2007, 07:01 PM   #1
Veteran Member
mattdm's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Boston, MA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,964
Dear Pentax: please more WB control for in-camera RAW->JPG

I find the in-camera JPEG development tool to be one of the coolest features of the K10D. I know that PC-based RAW converters are a lot more powerful and allow better inspection of the image, but I find that 95% of the time I'm fine with just JPEG, and that 95% of the remaining 5%, converting in-camera works as well as on PC.

The major lack is that while one can set white balance to the presets, one can't further tweak those presets from the RAW conversion too. And one can pick a custom white balance but only from a previously defined one -- one can't pick a neutral area of the current image (or snap a new one), and one can't make fine-tuning adjustments to that.

It'd be also nice to have fancier tools like a shadow/highlight tool. I think Nikon calls this "D-lighting". (And in looking that up, I just learned that Nikon also has a feature to automatically correct for chromatic aberration. Ooooh.)

Oh, and also a minor thing: there's too many buttons to press. Hitting the down arrow in playback mode should go right to adjusting parameters with no intervening questions, and when you go to save, "yes" should be the default. This would save a lot of trouble, and there's no downside since it always makes new files so there's no risk of overwriting something.

So, Pentax engineers, if you're reading, I'd really like to see this in the next Pentax model -- or even in a K10D firmware upgrade if possible. Thanks!

Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
balance, camera, dslr, image, in-camera, jpeg, k10d, lot, nikon, pentax, photography, presets, tool
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
quick jpg extraction in Pentax digital camera utility? GSk Digital Processing, Software, and Printing 9 07-24-2010 05:12 PM
K-x raw or jpg? Mystic Pentax DSLR Discussion 30 02-14-2010 09:25 PM
Jpg vs. RAW darthku Post Your Photos! 13 10-01-2008 03:06 PM
Fireworks, RAW or jpg? Psyfalcon Pentax DSLR Discussion 12 07-05-2007 08:27 PM
RAW+JPG... why? slip Pentax DSLR Discussion 18 04-24-2007 11:30 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:18 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top