Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-08-2011, 06:38 AM - 1 Like   #1
Forum Member

K100d super k100ds debug mode - AF adjust

Here and on other sites I've seen information on accessing the K100d Super debug mode (for focus calibration) that isn't always clear or consistent. For example, sometimes it says to use the EN (enable) command in the MODSET.459 command file, other times to use the OPEN command, sometimes both, and I've seen different comments about how to exit debug. Can any K100d Super users clarify for me, step by step, what works for them in doing this (how to enter debug, get to AF calibration, and then exit debug). I'm reasonably comfortable doing this kind of manipulation (having done it before on K100d not-super). Thanks very much.

08-08-2011, 12:59 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
How does one do it on the K100D NOT super?
08-11-2011, 02:52 PM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
Not getting any answers to my question, I experimented using some of the existing information. It turns out that the instructions posted in PF for debug on the k200d worked for my k100d super, except that the modset file needed to be renamed modset.459. With that change, these instructions worked for my K100d super: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-dslr-discussion/75223-k200d-autofo...ne-tuning.html. Read all the related posts in the thread to get a good sense of what's involved.

For hman's question on K100d non-super: I don't have that camera any more, and so can't repeat what I did. But there are a number of posts on PF regarding how to use debug in the K100D (not super). Someone's got some instructions posted in the "K100d Tips and Tricks" thread; there probably are others, and I'm not sure which instructions I followed (if there are any differences). For K100d not super, it involves a succession of button presses (rather than a special file on an SD card). I suggest reading multiple threads/posts on this to make sure they're consistent, so you don't end up ruining your camera due to someone's typing error when posting.

Do use care; if you make a mistake trying to use debug, you can render the camera inoperable, with a very expensive repair bill. I don't do this on my fairly new and still under warranty K-X, only on an older, cheaper body.
03-13-2012, 09:22 AM   #4
Forum Member

Just in case someone else stumbles upon this later. To

[DEBUG_MODE EN]
[OPEN_DEBUG_MENU]

will open it

[DEBUG_MODE DIS]
[CLOSE_DEBUG_MENU]

will exit.

It took me an hour to find this info. Use MODSET.459 as your file extension.